Diffrent Sound Settings
Question 
IS there any way to sett diffrent sound output for music and movies?
Now i have to go in to settings when i play 2 chanel audio with my USB DAC.No
mr.darklord Wrote:IS there any way to sett diffrent sound output for music and movies?

Is it any way to make this settings in xml files or other solution?Shocked
I don't think there is any way to have different sound settings for music and videos. It seems a sensible idea and I note that it was requested in http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6788

There is work in progress on a new sound module for XBMC, and it may be that this is included.

JR
Thumbs Up 
Do you have any new on when the new music engine is alive?

I understand that is many users that have a usb dac and want the rest to go digital for surround sound.Nod

XBMC is the best.
Only 2 missing part TV client and the music settings
mr.darklord Wrote:IS there any way to sett diffrent sound output for music and movies?

I figured out a way to get it working but it means ditching HDMI audio. I actually stumbled across this solution by switching to an optical cable (my HTPC has HDMI and optical out). On my computer I then set the audio properties to 2 channel stereo and checked in the property settings the option to allow other programs to control the device.

In the settings for my AV receiver (Harmon Kardon) I setup two different input device settings, one as a "media server" option which would automatically detect and output the best signal. Then I added a second input on my receiver called "music" which was set to output in stereo only, 7 channel stereo in fact.

Then in the XBMC settings I selected 5.1 and checked all the boxes for digital audio (can't remember all the options right now).

Everything I now play in XBMC be it a movie file or music files when in "music" input mode is then outputed as stereo only and not as pseudo surround sound which is no good when listening to music.

If I am watching a movie I switch to the "media server" input mode which will output to DD 5.1 or Logic 7 if it was a TV show recorded in stereo and I no longer get the annoying "audio failed" errors that I used to get in XBMC when using HDMI audio.

The only downside to this of course is that optical cable can't handle 7.1 HD sound which isn't such a big deal for me since I can get 7.1 to work for bluray discs on my PS3.

Not a perfect solution but it works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Diffrent Sound Settings0