One keypress weather display while playing video?
Hi. Is there some way to get the temperature to display on the screen with one key press while watching a video?

Something similar to like pressing 'O' and it displays info right on the screen. Instead of having to go to the main menu and selecting the Weather option, it'd be cool to just press one remote control key to display the temperature, then another key to remove it.

I've searched installable add-ons and keymappings, but it doesn't look like this feature is doable with an out of the box install. Is there a hidden add-on, a hack, or something I'm missing to get the weather to display while playing a video?
Weather is available anywhere in a skin but you'll have to edit one to get it how you want.
I like this idea... should be pretty easy to do... something involving keymap.xml and just making some transparent dialog box w/ some weather info.
branlr Wrote:I like this idea... should be pretty easy to do... something involving keymap.xml and just making some transparent dialog box w/ some weather info.

Cool, anyone up for this task? Maybe even an add-on? I could probably fumble around with things, but it definitely wouldn't be as cool as if it was part of XBMC. A real-time weather display with one keypress would be pimp..

Going a little further with the weather it would be neat to have historical info saved. So you can see a line chart of all the past weather from every day. But just a keypress with weather info would be great.. Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
One keypress weather display while playing video?0