JSON-RPC, Movie Sets, and "VideoLibrary.GetMovies"
Rainbow 
I want to get a list of all movies in my XBMC database, regardless of if they are in a movie set. The standard call to "VideoLibrary.GetMovies" does not cut it, as you can see below. It returns a single file, with a "videodb://" protocol.
Is there another call I can use to dig into the movie set? Any other ideas? I don't know enough about how XBMC handles movie sets to know what to do from here.

Code:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.GetMovies", "id": "1"}
{
    "id" : "1",
    "jsonrpc" : "2.0",
    "result" : {
        "end" : 1,
        "movies" : [
            {
                "fanart" : "special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/ffffffff.tbn",
                "file" : "videodb://1/7/5/",
                "label" : "My Movie Set",
                "thumbnail" : "special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/f/feb6af9f.tbn"
            }
        ],
        "start" : 0,
        "total" : 1
    }
}
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
As I never used sets so far I never noticed but I just tested it and you are right. What you can do to at least get at the movies in a set is to call "Files.GetDirectory" with the "videodb://...." path returned in the "file" field of GetMovies. This will provide you with a list of the movies in the set.

Can you please create a ticket on trac so it won't be forgotten?
Best solution would be to return all movies with GetMovies() and provide a "set" field with the name of the set a movie is in (if it is in a set at all).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Looks like there already is a related trac ticket at #10296 so no need to create a new one. I committed a fix which will only return movies for GetMovies() and no sets. This might have to be extended in the future to allow better moviesets handling (depending on the need).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JSON-RPC, Movie Sets, and "VideoLibrary.GetMovies"0