[AppleTV2] XBMC Cannot connect to Macbook SMB fileshare - Lock Settings
Anyone else see a pattern?

bowseruni Wrote:XBMC has worked flawlessly for weeks

posthumorous Wrote:it has worked fine for me in the past

dkma Wrote:untill yesterday that worked without any problems.

Folks, it looks to me like there has been an update from Apple that could be causing this... there has been no recent updates to the official XBMC build, I would suggest checking permissions on the folders your trying to access and making sure that the account your trying to access those shares with has sufficient privileged to do so.

When prompted for user/pass try entering credentials of a valid account on your computer... even the account you log on with should be sufficient.
you are correct.

all sorted now, must of been an apple update that caused the problems as i restored my laptop to an earlier version and it all works again now
bowseruni,

what did you restore your macbook to? did you rollback the operating system to (eg) 10.6.6?

bircoe,

the folders I am trying to access are definitely being shared via SMB - in fact i've even tried giving read/write access to "Everyone", in addition to my own account.

When prompted for a username and password by xmbc I enter the same username and password that I use to login on my Mac (and which also had to be entered to actually setup the sharing of the folders on the Mac).
posthumorous Wrote:bowseruni,

what did you restore your macbook to? did you rollback the operating system to (eg) 10.6.6?

bircoe,

the folders I am trying to access are definitely being shared via SMB - in fact i've even tried giving read/write access to "Everyone", in addition to my own account.

When prompted for a username and password by XBMC I enter the same username and password that I use to login on my Mac (and which also had to be entered to actually setup the sharing of the folders on the Mac).

I just put my snow leopard disc in and reinstalled the os (it is now 10.6) will update to 10.6.7. I know it works ok, think from memory there was a safari or airport update last week and it was the culprit causing all the problems to xbmc.

Re-install your OS and xbmc will work again, mine no longer asks for lock settings since i down graded the OS. You can re-install the OS without loosing anything or having to reinstall anything which makes it easy

let me know how you go

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] XBMC Cannot connect to Macbook SMB fileshare - Lock Settings0