Sort issue on Linux based XBMC (10.0)
Hi,

after using XBMC Live (10.0) starting from USB stick on my eeePC netbook for a while, I now installed it directly onto the ssd.

I also have a XBMC 10.0 installation on my Win 7 Laptop.

As a data source I have Twonky 5.1.6 running on a QNAP NAS box.

The Twonky Media Browser and the Win 7 based XBMC show all tracks of an album in the correct order - the Linux based XBMC on my netbook doesn't. It shows all tracks in alphanumeric order.

The format template for the titles on both XBMC instances is "[N%.] %T - %A". However the netbook doesn't show the track number.

In the Twonky view-definitions.xml I configured the sortcriteria as this: '+pv:numberOfThisDisc,+upnp:originalTrackNumber' which seems to be fine for the Twonky Meda Browser and for the Win 7 XBMC.

Besides Twonky I added another source to the Linux XBMC on my netbook. This is the SMB share of the QNAP NAS. So it points to the exact same data that is used by Twonky. Using this source XBMC shows the correct sort order.

Somehow the Linux XBMC doesn't get the track id from Twonky, while the Win 7 XBMC does.

Any idea on how to get the correct sort order on my Linux XBMC?

There was a mentioning of this problem last year here. It says "The problem is fixed with changeset 26763 (available through svn) which is exspected to be released with milestone 10.05." - is this included in the current XBMC Live? If yes, what could cause the sort issue on the Linux XBMC

edit:
Updated Twonky to version 6.0.30, used only the out-of-the-box views -> same result. So I really don't believe it's a Twonky issue.

edit:
solved: Because of being dumb as straw, I must have used version 9.11 for XBMC Live. But because it doesn't show any version number and because it looks exactly the same with the Confluence skin I didn't recognize. Now I updated to 10 and everything's as it should be. Now this can be closed

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sort issue on Linux based XBMC (10.0)0