ATV2 to use XBMC Desktop Library
Hey,
since yesterday I am a proudly owner of the new AppleTV.
First of all I jailbroke my ATV2 and installed XBMC.
Now to my question.
Is it possible, to sort my whole library on the PC and really JUST STREAM the videos to my ATV2?
At the moment I've added the sources via SMB and I have to do all the sorting stuff on ATV2 which is sometimes really ... nerve-racking, if you know what I mean ;-)

Thanks for any help in advance
sincerely
Panther-
I'm not 100% sure i know exactly wha tyou mean but this is my setup.

HTPC in living room with all Movies / TV series stored on the internal drives. Everything scanned into the Library on that system, then exported the library to seperate nfo and thumbnails etc.

Then on ATV, use the same shares for the sources. Because all the nfo etc are already extracted, the ATV picks up all the information with no need to rescan (unless you just want to speed things up)
i kinda understand what he is asking

My issue is I want to share my itunes on my windows 7 pc with my XBMC on my ATV, but when I use WMB share, it cant find my workgroup and the directory for itunes

Can anyone help me find a simple way to share itunes on my windows 7 pc with my xbmc on my ATV wirelessly? Maybe some instructions would helpSmile

Thanks all
add a user with password, enable that user for the shared folders, add a new source in xbmc with smb protocol, ip = ip for your pc, user/pass the new created user Smile
danmedhurst Wrote:I'm not 100% sure i know exactly wha tyou mean but this is my setup.

HTPC in living room with all Movies / TV series stored on the internal drives. Everything scanned into the Library on that system, then exported the library to seperate nfo and thumbnails etc.

Then on ATV, use the same shares for the sources. Because all the nfo etc are already extracted, the ATV picks up all the information with no need to rescan (unless you just want to speed things up)

Perfect,
so I just have to import my database informations from Mac on ATV2
Thank you very much ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 to use XBMC Desktop Library0