Tv show banner problem
I am new to both XBMC and the android remote and love both of them. After reading through many different posts I got almost everything set up how I would like it.

The problem I am having is specifically with the TV show banners that show up on the remote, some of them simply refuse to download to the remote (sometimes the same show, sometimes not) this happens if I switch it to downloading poster thumbs as well. I am using the aeon skin if it makes any difference with the TvDB scraper. One solution i have come across is to manually add a banner.jpg to each TV show, but this presents an entirely new problem. I use thetvdb and download the banner to the folder of the tv show and it downloads it fine to the remote however it is much blurrier (probably a lower resolution) than the ones provided automatically by XBMC.

For example for the TV show community i got the page in tvdb http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=series&id=94571&lid=7 and than hit righclick save image as on one of the banners. I thought maybe clicking on full size image and than downloading that one would fix the resolution problem but when i download those instead it doesn't show up at all on the remote. Thank you for any help.
Well I added them manually, which gives you the same end result, just a little more work. Smile

- put all your userdata\Thumbnails in one directory
- batch rename them to .jpg
- sort them on dimension so you'll pretty easily find all the banners
- resize them with a batch resizer to 2 sizes (medium: 800x147-ish small: 480x88-ish)
- batch rename them to remove .jpg and copy them to the right dirs on your sd card

takes 5 minutes Smile
The first time I ran the remote app on wifi, it downloaded most of the banners except for 5 tv shows. The next day, I tried through 3g and it downloaded 2 of the 5 remaining. Two days later, two more. And then a week later the last one downloaded as well :-)

I am confused, but I no longer care since all the banners are now there lol

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tv show banner problem0