Cinema Curtains Anyone?
I wasn't going to pay $50 for a set of animated curtains from a stock video repository. So armed with a copy of Adobe after effect I made my own. not perfect but not bad and 1080p

enjoy for free for your own personal use only

http://rapidshare.com/files/450657760/mu...rtains.mp4
feedback appreciated
I have no use for it, but I was curious... Smile
Looks good, but say I was going to use it for a skin (which is the intended use I suppose?), it's going to be curtains -> blackness -> next window/movie starts/whatever ... would be nice if it could be transparent behind the curtains, but that would prolly mean a .gif or something. A transparent video would be neat, but to my knowledge doesn't exist. Sad Most movies start with black though I suppose, so for the Cinema Experience addon or whatever it would be a cool feature to increase the 'going to the movies' feeling even more (personally not my cup of tea though, start the movie already Smile).

I hate using rapidshare though. Put it up on mediafire.com or somewhere else where you don't have to wait 30 sec to download a 2.3MB file. If the servers aren't "overloaded". Might get you some more feedback. Smile
dirtymurt Wrote:I wasn't going to pay $50 for a set of animated curtains from a stock video repository. So armed with a copy of Adobe after effect I made my own. not perfect but not bad and 1080p

enjoy for free for your own personal use only

http://rapidshare.com/files/450657760/mu...rtains.mp4

Wow, these animations are looking fabulous.
I think I am going to use that in my cinema experience script.

Cheers
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
sorry, yes, I made it for use on cinema experience
dirtymurt Wrote:sorry, yes, I made it for use on cinema experience

Looking good will be using with CE

Thanks
Star 
+1 I'm with the other comments... very nice for CE (I'm thinking intermission) transparency would have been nice but not sure that's possible. Any chance you could invert the video so it closes....

I remember when a new TV station (Bravo comes to mind) was test broadcasting a curtain.. it was computer generated and the folds would move slightly from air movement from things behind, it showed a slight arc of the wood stage (with a few lights) with a slice of classical music. As premier day came closer they changed it to a corner flipping up... then a full opening as you have on day 1. Done very well..quite peaceful. Love to get that.... I'm sure that animation loop was never tossed out.
thanks for the ind words guys.

patk, if i inverted the animation the curtains would look they were closing from the bottom in quite an unnatural way, i may get around to doing the animation though sometime.

its the first thing i have made in after effects and i'm sure i can do better once i get more into it.

anyone fancy other colours?
Star 
dirtymurt Wrote:thanks for the ind words guys.

patk, if i inverted the animation the curtains would look they were closing from the bottom in quite an unnatural way, i may get around to doing the animation though sometime.

its the first thing i have made in after effects and i'm sure i can do better once i get more into it.

anyone fancy other colours?

Dark Royal Blue with some gold filigree horizontal threads at the bottom would be a bit different, might hide the edges. I forgot about the motion... reverse would be unnatural.
It looks great. Please advise me where and how to install it
search on this forum for Cinema experience
Looks great..

Hope you do produce a closing version.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cinema Curtains Anyone?0