Some DTS files won't pass through to receiver
I am using Ubuntu 10.10 and am having trouble with the surround playback for audio.

I have found only certain DTS albums are passing through to my receiver. When those work they work beautifully. Other DTS albums are being played through the sound card to the receiver as digital 2 channel mode only. All other surround albums (flac or wav) are also being sent as PCM data to the receiver.

I know they work as surround albums because I had no trouble playing them in VLC when the surround functions were using the analog out. However, since using the COAX connection VLC doesn't pass through at all, but that's another story.

I have applied the rule fix (dts|wav thing) to the settings xml and that only helped in getting some DTS albums to pass through...the rest are still not working.

I think the problem lies in XBMC since I can control the volume from XBMC , which you cannot do when pass through is working.

If it's possible I would happily re-encode my albums to the same format that is working but I've no idea how to go about this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some DTS files won't pass through to receiver0