LG NAS as Data and Library Store
I am not sure if this will be helpful for anyone but thought I would paste a link.

I bought an LG NAS (2TB) with Blue-Ray. (N2B1). Its a beautiful bit of kit and I had all my films / tv on it.

Recently I have setup a HTPC and wanted to share the database using MySQL.

The NAS I have supports its own MySQL server meaning I should have been able to have the NAS host both the datafiles and MySQL database. (Having both computeres on when I want to use XBMC kills one two many Polar Bears for my liking) However LG thinks not. Only allowed access from LocalHost. Not computers on a network :-(

In anycase it took me a while but I figured out a workaround using custom firmware and have posted detailed instructions to my new blogger

http://xbmclgnas.blogspot.com/

The instructions are long but its well worth it. Apologies for posting off site but I am also linking to the LG NAS forum I found really helpful. Saves me having to update both in future.

Hope this helps out other LG NAS users who want to have a central library
Sorry to dig out this ancient post. I'm just trying to do this on my LG NAS N2B1. But because I've upgraded to the newest firmware with new UI (version 10119). I can't use the custom firmware anymore. Sad

Does anyone know how to SSH into the LG NAS with the new UI firmwares?

Thanks!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LG NAS as Data and Library Store0