Context entry to move movie to predefined location?
Hi All,

I'm wondering if it would be possible to create a new context entry which moves the highlighted item (i.e. a folder with a video file in it) to a predefined location?

Example: I have all my new/unwatched movies in one folder called 0day which is located in the main Movie folder - i.e. like this:

D:\Movies //Old movies that I want to keep
D:\Movies\0day //New movies that I haven't seen

After I have watched a movie that I want to keep, I want to be able to highlight the folder containing the videofile (i.e. D:\Movies\0day\MovieName\MovieName.avi) click on the context menu button on my XBMC remote and have an entry called something like "Save movie permanently". This would then simply move the folder from D:\Movies\0day to D:\Movies

Is this possible and if so, could anyone give me some pointers in how to go about getting this to work. Note that I only have some basic scripting skills.

Thanks
bump
I doubt any of the devs would regard this as a feature worth integrating into XBMC, though you could probably write a script to do it. Scripting is quite involved, but to be fair it's just as difficult in e.g. Word or Excel. If you want to have a go, and assuming you know or are willing to learn Python, search wiki.xbmc.org for info on scripting and have a look at the scripting forum.

You can run your script by mapping a key to the RunScript function. see http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=List_of_Built_In_Functions for more info.

JR
Thanks for the response.

I might have a look at writing my own script when I get a chance.

Thanks again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Context entry to move movie to predefined location?0