Atv2 light on/off
Hi everybody
I just noticed that when i shutt off my atv2, the white light keeps switching on and off in intervals from 1 minute or so... The TV doesn't show anything on screen even when the light is on for the minute, so it seems the atv is still off...
Anybody knows why this light switches from on to off by itself?
I can remember i had something similar with version 4.0 (or maybe 4.1) aswell. But since 4.2.1 the light just switches off
I noticed that it does this when it has lost the connection to the wireless... When i go back to the main menu on the atv2, i saw that it didn't had any connection to my network. So i had to go to settings, network... The when i see all the wireless networks he gets a signal from, i can press on the menu button to go back to the main menu and he has "recaptured" the signal from my network. When i go to sleep from there, he doesn't switch the light from on to off....
The problem is that he seems to lose the signal pretty often this week... I have the atv2 since 3 month and he never lost the signal. But since i made the update to the newest xbmc version (2weeks ago), he loses the signal as soon as i don't use the atv for a few hours...
Any help?
Thanks
did you update ssh/nitoTV aswell?
No, i just updated xbmc via Terminal command...
there is a wifi bug in an old version of ssh, so update it aswell. best to do is apt-get update and apt-get upgrade (or via nitoTV if you have it installed). then your wifi problems shut be gone
Ok will try, but what's the whole command please? Simply typre apt-get update in terminal?
Thanks by the way
yes, just "apt-get update" and "apt-get upgrade". follow the instructions if updates are available (meaning: enter yes when asked to update). thats all Smile
Might need an apt-get dist-upgrade instead of just an apt-get upgrade if it mentions packages not upgraded.
Thank you... I just did it with nitotv.... Thanks for your help
Led will automatically turn on, I have exact same problem with ATV2 after I installed openSSH inside nitoTV. before I didn't have this problem. It will automatically switch on the light during mid night. when you turn the TV on, it doesn't show any thing. but if you press a button on the apple remote then the screen come on immediately. I just did the nitoTV update and does the -upgrade All hope to see this go away. I will report back after a day or two.
You know what I would LOVE?
I we could be able to switch the function of the led.
So it doesn't light up all the time, but only when you push a button on the remote.
Now I always see the annoying light when the atv is next to my TV. Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Atv2 light on/off0