Older TV, fonts unreadable
Question 
I've got an older tv with xbmc running the default skin but it makes the text unreadable unless I get pretty close to the tv. I've tried some of the major skins but each are about the same. Does anyone know of any skins (can be basic or not) that are good on an old/blurry/low resolution tv?
There isn't a real fix for this AFAIK. A workaround that has been done by many is changing the font sizes in the xml.
maybe pm3?

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Fortius Wrote:I've got an older tv with xbmc running the default skin but it makes the text unreadable unless I get pretty close to the tv. I've tried some of the major skins but each are about the same. Does anyone know of any skins (can be basic or not) that are good on an old/blurry/low resolution tv?

I struggle with this all the time. Take a look at this post.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=56438

You might also search for a skin called BIG Alaska which seems customized for SDTV's out of the box but if you really want to have your skin of choice and be easy on the eyes you will need to mod it yourself. I'm currently running a mod of Aeon NOX v0.8 that I modded for my SDTV. I'm waiting for a final release before I re-mod so I can have all of the updates.

I placed a link to download my mod of Aeon NOX (v0.8) below if you're interested. It's not perfect but plenty usable and a very full featured skin thanks to Big_Noid.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6x2ajxcb0c07ny8
--Dascmo

\\ OpenElec \ Frodo \ ASROCK 330HT \\ AEON NOX 4.0 \\

Free Online Storage: Copy

^^HIGHLY RECOMMENDED^^
dascmo Wrote:You might also search for a skin called BIG Alaska which seems customized for SDTV's out of the box

+1 for Big Alaska! I used it on my SDTV... but found it easier to set-up the skin and scrapes with confluence and an LCD monitor (to see!) before switching to big alaska

Smile
I use Neon. Some of the viewtypes use large fonts that are quite easy to read on my 32 inch sdtv. Other views are more difficult, but overall the skin works pretty well with SDTV. Something actually designed for 4:3 SDTVs would still be better, of course...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Older TV, fonts unreadable0