Sandy Bridge or Clarksdale or Athalon II x4??
So i was planning on going with i3-540 build eskro recommends but noticed the Sandy Bridge i3-2100 can be had for almost the same price. Should i go with Sandy Bridge? What exactly where the issues with Sandy Bridge and have they been fixed?

I also read a couple of benchmarks for the Athalon II x4. It seems to preform better then the i3-540 but at higher temps/power usage. I plan on doing some minimal gaming on the system, is it worth the extra heat to get an athalonHuh

Also- I know the Sandy Bridge is supposed to have great hardware video performance but i will be using a GT430 so i won't need that feature.
How much transcoding do you really plan to do? Because that's the ONLY reason I can see going with either.

Especially if you have a GT430.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Either of what? Either of the intel's?

This will do no transcoding. Only streaming from unraid/online and moderate gaming.
mgb_ Wrote:I also read a couple of benchmarks for the Athalon II x4. It seems to preform better then the i3-540 but at higher temps/power usage. I plan on doing some minimal gaming on the system, is it worth the extra heat to get an athalonHuh

If Micro ATX- Athlon

If Mini ITX- i3

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sandy Bridge or Clarksdale or Athalon II x4??0