Profile creation crashes ATV2
I have a problem. I created a new profile in XBMC and added a numerical password. Selected to have user login screen. Then I came out of profile settings into the main menu. Held down menu to quite XBMC to test the profile login, but instead of quitting XBMC into Lowtide it restarted the ATV2. All I now get is the Apple logo and then nothing, no lowtide or anything. The TV goes blank and says no input. A few manual restarts and still nothing. What shall I do?

Cheers, SD
How did you jailbreak your ATV2?

Your symptoms sounds like you used an older "tethered" jailbreak method.
Used the greenpoision rc6.

Have been using xbmc latest builds with no serious problems since it was released.
rc6 should be untethered. You can try a tethered boot before a factory restore in iTunes if you're still not successful in bringing the box back up. Sorry about the trouble. I take it you can't access the ATV via ssh either?
dazex Wrote:rc6 should be untethered. You can try a tethered boot before a factory restore in iTunes if you're still not successful in bringing the box back up. Sorry about the trouble. I take it you can't access the ATV via ssh either?

That's okay, I'm sure it's will work out okay. I can ssh in just fine. Tried killall AppleTV but no joy. The box is just in a reboot cycle. I just want to limit the amount of work involved to get things back how they were so will avoid resetting for now. I've just backed up my xbmc preference folder so will try and delete xbmc frap and reinstall. I'll let you know how it goes.

EDIT: Just removed xbmc using dpkg -r org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 still no boot Sad

Before I go and do a factory restore is there anything anyone suggests that might help getting my ATV2 back up and running? Also, has anyone tried rejailbreaking over the top of an old jailbreak? Will that work?

It may have just been coincidence that I just finished creating a new profile in xbmc, have others tried to successfully create a login profile, selecting login on start-up, and then shutting down xbmc?

Cheers, SD
Damn, I just realised a mate has borrowed my USB Cable to Jailbreak his new ATV2 and I won't see him for a week! I really need to find a way to fix this...
Sounds like the ATV has actually booted up if you have ssh control of the ATV. Sound more like a loose HDMI or HDMI handshaking issue. Have you tried unplugging and replugging the HDMI cable just for giggles?
will try now

EDIT: Didn't work. Besides, I do keep seeing the apple logo when it boots so its definately hooked up okay. Also, the atv2 is in a continuous reboot cycle which to me seems like its struggling to open lowtide.
I'll try and reinstall xbmc see what happens

EDIT: Still nothing. Removing xbmc preferences folder now...is that only things to delete to completely remove xbmc. The application folder and the preferences folder?
Still dead Sad

Looks like I might to wait until I can do an itunes restore to see if that works :-(
While you're waiting. Try removing NitoTV as well. They install plugins into the LowTide interface.
Do a dpkg -l to list all installed packages and pastebin that so we can see what's still installed that may be causing LowTide difficulty in booting it's interface.
dazex Wrote:Do a dpkg -l to list all installed packages and pastebin that so we can see what's still installed that may be causing LowTide difficulty in booting it's interface.

Here is the list

http://pastebin.com/8UPUiaWx

thanks,

SD
/var/log/syslog will show the problem.
davilla Wrote:/var/log/syslog will show the problem.

Thanks, a manual reboot ending in a crash produced this...

http://pastebin.com/Ddybme43

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Profile creation crashes ATV20