Resume playback
Question 
Hi

Who know how it possible to resume playback from the place where it was interrupted/stopped?

Thanks
This operation works just fine for me.
It works OK if you pause the video and then stop it. If you just press the 'menu' button on the remote to stop playback then it doesn't remember where you were up to.
That's not true for me. I can press the menu button and it'll still save resume state. I know there was an issue with this in earlier builds of xbmc, but it should be fixed now.

If you have issues, it might be more a permissions problem in your userdata folder? Not certain. Check your xbmc.log. It will show when you press menu that the state is being saved.
I stand corrected! I hadn't tried doing it without pausing since fixing the file permissions. Just tried it and it works fine now! Smile Cheers dazex

In which case kslt do as it says in the FAQ to restore the correct file permissions.
i.e. ssh into the Apple TV and run the following command:

Code:
chown -R mobile.mobile /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC

(I'm using version 10.0-7 BTW - that's the last official release)
For anyone who might still be having an issue with this, MY problem seemed to be when I set the system up to "Ask" what I wanted to do when I hit select. I didn't do a ton of testing, but I set up the default action fo "Select" to be "Resume"

Solved the problem Smile
andsoitgoes Wrote:For anyone who might still be having an issue with this, MY problem seemed to be when I set the system up to "Ask" what I wanted to do when I hit select. I didn't do a ton of testing, but I set up the default action fo "Select" to be "Resume"

Solved the problem Smile

Tried the permissions fix: chown -R mobile.mobile /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC
That did not work for me.

Tried your method of choosing "Resume" now it works perfectly.
So I'm here again. This seems to get fixed, work for a very short time and then get FUBAR

CHOWN doesn't work. The resume trick I HAD been using doesn't work now.

Here's my Pastebin. Man, there really needs to be a big red marker to tell you to edit out your password. I wasn't thinking, but I'm glad I looked. not like I use my password for anything important, but yeesh.

http://pastebin.com/iapXpStd

Please, please, please help me figure this out. Bah.
tried this AGAIN, this time i JUST started and stopped. the file was law and order, reaper. look for S01E03 - The Reaper's Helper.avi. I looked, but I don't see anything to help guide me to the issues.

http://pastebin.com/MswHtd7N
I'm having this same problem. On my MAC, I am able to resume avi and mp4 files, but not m4v files. On my Windows version, I can't resume any files. I have the default action set to resume. The movies always restart from the beginning. There is no option to resume, when I right click.
That implies there's no resume point saved. The issue is not the resuming logic, rather the saving position logic.

The debug log will show you whether it's saving that or not when you stop playback.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I dont see anything in the log about a saving position. I only see one error. It shows up on the ones that have a resume option and the ones that dont.

ERROR: CDVDAudio::AddPackets - failed to add leftover bytes to render
Make sure to turn debugging on to get more info logged.

System/System/Debugging
I solved this by un-checking "read only" for the folder (and subfolder) properties of the appdata/roaming/xbmc folder on windows.

Just putting that out into the universe.
jv82 Wrote:I solved this by un-checking "read only" for the folder (and subfolder) properties of the appdata/roaming/xbmc folder on windows.

Just putting that out into the universe.

You know this is the IOS forum and the solution you propose is on the first page of the thread?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resume playback0