Atv vs iPad
I found out the iPad plays movies much better than the atv? Never had any buffering issues. I have now seen two whole movies with atv and .mkv files. Starts buffer after 30 minutes?

Ipad plays sound as analog, changed that in atv no difference in my experience.
You should probably direct this to the buffering thread.

I use two atv's every day with 720p mkv's.
I haven't had any buffer issues since I installed XBMC on it through multiple builds.
On my wired atv2 i dont receive buffering as well (720-1080p mkvs, XviD). I got another atv2 in my sleeping room (wireless), that one is buffering on playback of 1080p mkv, not on XviD, neither on 720p mkv
I didnt had any problem either I thought, but hadnt watch a whole movie. If it worked for 10 minutes I thought it was fine.

Consider iPad work regardless if file is divx, xvid or mkv, I feel iPad is working better how that can be? iPad version of xbmc is stripped, (I think). It does what I wanted my atv should do. Play movies without buffering and pick up subtitles.

All other addons for me is useless, except adult devil addon...

I'll check my wifi network again...

What build are you guys on? I upgraded to Keiths nightly build released 17 of February. Shall test it with this one, get back with results.

Neverless the iPad used the first main release and have never buffered?
I have been using the ATV2 with XBMC since the day it debut. Heavily watching movies in SD, 720p, 1080p without a problem. Kids watch and uses it everyday. I am connected via wired 10/100 ethernet if that helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Atv vs iPad0