• 7(current)
[RELEASE] CTV Properties (CTV/TSN/Comedy/Discovery/etc)
andre_pl Wrote:0.1.6 was just released with complete 'Global News' support.

Sorry, can you give me an idea on how to update? In the XBMC submenu for the CTV Properties plugin, the "Update" is greyed out, so I can't do it from there.... Or do I have to uninstall the plugins, and start from scratch (I don't mind, I just need to know!)

Thanks! Smile
Simon,
you have to get the CanadaOnDemand plugin, not update the CTV plugin. vtélé won't be an easy one, as it's based on the Brightcove platform for video distribution. From my initial googling on the topic, there are lock-in issues with Brightcove-served videos. The bright side is that if/when we can figure it out, a whole new bunch of channels use the system and can be added en-masse.

We should probably start a new thread for CoD at this point, to avoid confusion?
Wow, that was fast! Thanks. Unfortunately it seems you added the Global News streams for every province except for mine (Vancouver, BC). Unless of course my plugin just didn't refresh properly.

andre_pl Wrote:Thank you very much!

You're the first to donate, so I figured the least I could do is get your feature request out asap. 0.1.6 was just released with complete 'Global News' support.

Enjoy!
eQUIV Wrote:Wow, that was fast! Thanks. Unfortunately it seems you added the Global News streams for every province except for mine (Vancouver, BC). Unless of course my plugin just didn't refresh properly.

Oops! Sorry about that, I dunno how I missed it. It's in 0.1.8 now. Smile

@renaudtrudel: Yes, I want to do an official release thread for Canada on demand and deprecate the CTV Plugin. but every time I sit down to write a nice post I get sidetracked by something more fun Smile

If there's time this weekend maybe we can do a 0.2.0 official release.
0.1.9 released with CTV Local News.
Hi Andre,

Again thanks for this great addon. I am not sure if someone asked before, but I was wondering if it is possible to add playlist management to this addons. It would be nice to be able to play all the part of a video in once using a playlist instead of having to play it one by one.
Of course if depend on the way you retrieve the video URLs.

Anyways, I just wanted to check that with you if it is doable or not.

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV
Installer Passion-XBMC: Download and Install Add-ons (pre-Dharma only)

Due to a bug in XBMC Dharma it's not possible at this time, so even if I were to implement it, it wouldn't work for most people. That being said I'm still planning to add the feature, probably when I get around to upgrading to the dev version on my HTPC.

In the meantime, its still possible to queue up all of the clips in an episode and play them together, its just not as easy as Playing the whole folder. you have to manually 'Queue' each item, (zero on the remote, 'q' on the keyboard, or "Queue Item" from the context menu.)

Also, don't forget there's a paypal donation link that can sometimes get your request implemented quicker, just ask eQUIV Laugh

Temhil Wrote:Hi Andre,

Again thanks for this great addon. I am not sure if someone asked before, but I was wondering if it is possible to add playlist management to this addons. It would be nice to be able to play all the part of a video in once using a playlist instead of having to play it one by one.
Of course if depend on the way you retrieve the video URLs.

Anyways, I just wanted to check that with you if it is doable or not.
Just got home and tested it out, works great! You rock, thanks again. Smile
Just a note, if you had ever blocked certain ports to get Hulu to play in the browser from Canada, that port block interferes with Canadian flash videos playing through this plugin in XBMC (it's port 1935). The browser can play all Canadian or US streams just fine even with the port blocked, but it will not play in XBMC with Canada On Demand plugin.

This is the error logged to AppData\Roaming\XBMC\xbmc.log:

Quote:13:45:18 T:3072 M:2472136704 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
13:45:39 T:3072 M:2463633408 ERROR: RTMP_Connect0, failed to connect socket. 10060 (Unknown error)
13:45:39 T:3072 M:2463629312 ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [rtmp://cp103924.edgefcs.net/ondemand?ovpfv=2.1.4 playpath=mp4:video/Showcase_Burn_Notice_S2_E11_lowest_16x9__721544.mp4]

13:45:39 T:3072 M:2463629312 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
13:45:39 T:3072 M:2463629312 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit() deleting input stream
13:45:39 T:4288 M:2464284672 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.canada.on.demand/?Plot=Michael+helps+siblings+being+chased+by+gangsters.&Thumb=http%3A%2F%2Fa123.g.akamai.net%2Ff%2F123%2F68811%2F1d%2Fbroadcastent.download.akamai.com%2F68961%2FCanwest_Broadcast_Entertainment%2FShowcase_Burn_Notice_S2_E11_220x130.jpg&remote_PID=qw1eqrYzof5oOQv6OCGolgefM4ClJAnh&Title=Hot+Spot+%28431+kbps%29&entry_id=1844336892&channel=showcase&action=play&clip_url=rtmp%3A%2F%2Fcp103924.edgefcs.net%2Fondemand%2Fvideo%2FShowcase_Burn_Notice_S2_E11_lowest_16x9__721544.mp4&remote_url=http%3A%2F%2Frelease.theplatform.com%2Fcontent.select%3Fpid%3Dqw1eqrYzof5oOQv6OCGolgefM4ClJAnh%26UserName%3DUnknown%26Embedded%3DTrue%26Portal%3DShowcase%26TrackBrowser%3DTrue%26Tracking%3DTrue%26TrackLocation%3DTrue&Icon=http%3A%2F%2Fa123.g.akamai.net%2Ff%2F123%2F68811%2F1d%2Fbroadcastent.download.akamai.com%2F68961%2FCanwest_Broadcast_Entertainment%2FShowcase_Burn_Notice_S2_E11_220x130.jpg]
13:45:39 T:4288 M:2464280576 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::CloseFile()
13:45:39 T:4288 M:2464280576 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
13:45:39 T:4288 M:2464280576 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
13:45:39 T:4288 M:2464276480 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: finished waiting
Since browsers can play the streams, there must be some trick that isn't implemented int he support libraries. To get around this, the port blocking should be restricted to hulu.cust.footprint.net. Everything worked great after I worked this kink out, so thanks! Although, the Hulu plugin still doesn't work still, but that's for another thread. :-)
andre_pl Wrote:0.1.9 released with CTV Local News.

The plugin actually auto-updates itself?!? I'm quite impressed!

Anyway, it works a lot better, as all channels requiring RTMP indicate [BAD] and self-modify to play. Still having a few issues, but overall it's a great experience, not having to open the contextual menu.

This plugin works great on AppleTV 2's XBMC!!! What a great 99$ box this has turned out to be!
Glad its working out for you. I can't take credit for the auto-updating, all XBMC Plugins do that when they're installed from a repository. Smile

I reversed the 'rtmp' vs 'rtmpe' setting on CTV Based channels, so yeah, most of those which are marked [Bad] should actually be fairly good now, and the context menu entry still exists to toggle the setting for troublesome streams.

Are the issues you're having just clips that fail to play? and if so, are they all on [Bad] channels?

SimonMTL Wrote:The plugin actually auto-updates itself?!? I'm quite impressed!

Anyway, it works a lot better, as all channels requiring RTMP indicate [BAD] and self-modify to play. Still having a few issues, but overall it's a great experience, not having to open the contextual menu.

This plugin works great on AppleTV 2's XBMC!!! What a great 99$ box this has turned out to be!
andre_pl Wrote:Are the issues you're having just clips that fail to play? and if so, are they all on [Bad] channels?

I tried to play Comedy Network in directory Roasts, the Donald Trump one. Wouldn't play. Yet the Highlights would. Also had trouble with MuchMusic.

Most other stuff (CTV News, Criminal Minds, Daily Show) worked like a charm. GlobalTV works great also.
The development of this add-on is progressing like wildfire. The new additions are unbelievable, thanks again to everyone working at this (I really wish I had any programming skills to help out). Having local news is awesome.

Just a question, I noticed that in 0.1.9 Muchmusic is no longer part of the plugin. Is this temporary or permanent? (assuming likely removed due to conflicts with other new channels added?). Would love to see it return.

Also, a quick thought for a feature, should Muchmusic return, would it be viable or even possible to add a shuffle function to the music videos to provide a video jukebox type experience? (I would gather this would be only a dream until such time as playlists as discussed above are implemented so that a 'random' playlist could be generated.)

Thanks again, and keep up the good work. XBMC is quickly becoming a viable cable alternative for Canadians as a result of your efforts. As always much appreciated.
jasni Wrote:Just a question, I noticed that in 0.1.9 Muchmusic is no longer part of the plugin. Is this temporary or permanent? (assuming likely removed due to conflicts with other new channels added?). Would love to see it return.

There's a setting to show broken channels now. Much is broken because the videos there require rtmpe. XBMC's rtmpe doesn't support handshake type 9 and the edgefcs.net servers (which the CTV channels -- Much is one -- require). You can enable it in the settings, but I doubt you'll find much (if anything) on Much Music that plays.

jasni Wrote:Also, a quick thought for a feature, should Muchmusic return, would it be viable or even possible to add a shuffle function to the music videos to provide a video jukebox type experience? (I would gather this would be only a dream until such time as playlists as discussed above are implemented so that a 'random' playlist could be generated.)

That would require XBMC fixing their queueing bug (the same bug preventing automatically playing multipart streams back-to-back). After that, making a random playlist shouldn't be difficult.

-Dan
SimonMTL Wrote:I tried to play Comedy Network in directory Roasts, the Donald Trump one. Wouldn't play. Yet the Highlights would. Also had trouble with MuchMusic.

Most other stuff (CTV News, Criminal Minds, Daily Show) worked like a charm. GlobalTV works great also.

Some of the stuff on Comedy requires rtmpe. Then we run in to the handshake type=9 problem. For those things, we have to wait for the rtmpdump/librtmp team to add support for the new handshake and then for it to be imported in to xbmc. For now, the best we can do is flag the channel (and maybe flag the videos that aren't likely to play properly).

-Dan
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] CTV Properties (CTV/TSN/Comedy/Discovery/etc)2