XBMCdb Launched: Need Beta Testers
Mhm... looks slick. Would love to get my hands on the implementation so I can pop up my own server. Very nice indeed!
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Alright - I'm a day late (had to troubleshoot 30-second page loads down to under 1 second for the majority of cases), but I've added the connection-to-local-server feature and have expanded the beta enrollment quota by ten users. Go ahead and sign-up at xbmcdb.com and follow the connection instructions located at the XBMCdb wiki.

There are still a few speed optimizations that I'd like to run down so I apologize if your experience is a little sluggish. Browsing TV Series is still an outlier. I'll be hitting that hard next. Please let me know what your experience is like so I can further optimize code.
Will this work with frodo builds db version 64? I only see once I signed up db version 60. also can I run 2 databases with the same account as I have a stable xbmc setup and one play around one. right now my mysql has both dbs running.
(2012-07-06, 15:49)HarryRosen Wrote: Will this work with frodo builds db version 64? I only see once I signed up db version 60. also can I run 2 databases with the same account as I have a stable xbmc setup and one play around one. right now my mysql has both dbs running.

That's a good question. One thing for certain is that XBMCdb.com is designed to only display results from one music + video database at a time. We're advertising Eden compatibility only because that's what we've tested exhaustively. That's not to say that Frodo builds won't work - they just haven't been tested. There shouldn't be any mechanism within XBMCdb with the capability of borking your existing installations / databases so feel free to experiment and let us know how it goes!
The third beta registration period is now closed. We have thirty users registered, and would love to get your feedback! Looking through the site metrics, it appears that most users have not yet configured either type of connection method - and therefore have not yet experienced XBMCdb to its full potential. Before I open the registration period back up, I need to better understand the root cause. Below is a list of reasons I imagine may be contributing:

1. Unclear Connection Instructions / Gave Up Trying
  2. Haven't Had Time To Run Through Connection Process
  3. Site Security Concerns | Connection Information / Password Storage
  4. Site Security Concerns | Don't Want Other Users Viewing Your Libraries
  5. Fear That XBMCdb Will Break Your Databases / XBMC Installation
  6. Site Performance Concerns (e.g. Speed)
  7. XBMC Performance Concerns (e.g. Speed)
  8. Too Many Constraints (e.g. Must Use Eden for Remote Connections)
  9. Afraid Of Another "Flash In The Pan" Tool with No Long Term Support
  10. Not Enough Features To Be Compelling
  11. All Of The Above / Other

Thanks again to everybody who signed up Smile I would love to make this a service that creates value for the community. The development path forward is heavily dependent on your feedback so please let me know your thoughts. Nod
(2012-07-06, 19:18)theguardian Wrote:
(2012-07-06, 15:49)HarryRosen Wrote: Will this work with frodo builds db version 64? I only see once I signed up db version 60. also can I run 2 databases with the same account as I have a stable xbmc setup and one play around one. right now my mysql has both dbs running.

That's a good question. One thing for certain is that XBMCdb.com is designed to only display results from one music + video database at a time. We're advertising Eden compatibility only because that's what we've tested exhaustively. That's not to say that Frodo builds won't work - they just haven't been tested. There shouldn't be any mechanism within XBMCdb with the capability of borking your existing installations / databases so feel free to experiment and let us know how it goes!

I took my first look under the hood of the nightly builds this evening, and it appears that SQL table handling will require a minor/moderate amount of re-write and Frodo thumbnails/fanart are being handled in a different manner than Eden. It doesn't seem like there will be any showstoppers for Frodo compatibility development when the time comes; however, XBMC development is much too fluid right now to begin committing changes to accommodate pre-alpha builds. For now, we will continue to advertise as being compatible with Eden installations and we will start the change/migration process alongside Frodo release candidates later this year / early next year.

In other news, XBMCdb has been re-written to load most interactions asynchronously for faster load times. A "watched status" toggle has also been included for video assets. There are a lot of neat features in the works including playlist generation & syncing and a persistent audio player (for those of you with your own servers), Today, I managed to update my XBMC music library with overall playcounts provided by the last.fm API to see my "true" Top 100. Big Grin

I've opened up the beta registration period to twenty additional users - so if any of this interests you, please sign up, make the connection, and let me know how it's working out for you. I'd love to hear more suggestions for additional features. blog.xbmcdb.com

Ah sorry - I have yet to come around to actually use it Undecided
At the moment I am manually synchronizing my database (non-mysql) with my server which is quite a hassle, but well - it works Wink
But once I find the time to try it, I will surely Smile
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

I created an account and have i all setup. I am about to scrape my files into the DB. I will let you know how it goes. Seems to causing things to run a little slow at the moment. Hopefully that will change once its all in the online DB?
hi,
really looking into something like taht tool (have a readable away version of my SQL XBMC library)
are registrations still open (i try but seems to be closed...)
many thanks
I've opened up xbmcdb.com registration to an unlimited number of users. Unfortunately, we had to do away with the remote syncing/hosting feature. The user is now required to have a home server with an Eden/Frodo MySQL database & a centralized Thumbnails folder, both exposed to WAN. More information can be found at blog.xbmcdb.com.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCdb Launched: Need Beta Testers0