• 3(current)
Clean up the Thumbnails folder
rudeboyx Wrote:Thank god someone has finally addressed this issue.

just one thing before I test this.

I have recently used a similar script for xbmc4xbox which did the job but it also removed my "season" posters leaving the shows banner thumbnail to be squashed into all my season poster icons.

this thread has plenty of success stories, but can anyone confirm weather or not their are any issues with the script similar to my XBMC4xbox issue.

Thanks in advance

RBX
Without looking back at the code, I can't remember for sure, but I believe you should be OK with season posters. I use posters and banners and had no problems
Just backup your thumbnails directory before starting!
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
rudeboyx Wrote:Thank god someone has finally addressed this issue.

just one thing before I test this.

I have recently used a similar script for xbmc4xbox which did the job but it also removed my "season" posters leaving the shows banner thumbnail to be squashed into all my season poster icons.

this thread has plenty of success stories, but can anyone confirm weather or not their are any issues with the script similar to my XBMC4xbox issue.

Thanks in advance

RBX

PS. I will be using this on my win7 version not the xbox (just before anyone chirps up)

I used this script on Win7 without any issues...however I dont use banners.
tboooe Wrote:I used this script on Win7 without any issues...however I dont use banners.

In that case, did you notice your season posters suddenly become all the same as the main show poster? (same thing)
rudeboyx Wrote:In that case, did you notice your season posters suddenly become all the same as the main show poster? (same thing)

I did not have this issue. Here is an idea...make a backup of your thumbnails folder before your run the script so you can restore if things get screwed up.
Yeah bradvido88 suggested that and i will do it. just wanted to clarify some things.
Just thought id save some time doing anything if anyone could confirm an issue. (point of a forum)

thanks for your answers. I'll dive into it tonight

RBX
Can you like make your instructions more userfriendly so people that dont have programming knowledge can actually use your program?

just saying "edit the xml to fit your needs" doesn't help at all for someone who doesnt know what theyre doing.

I get a bunch of errors when I try to run this in the command prompt.... and then am left helpless as to where to proceed.
nfusion2011 Wrote:Can you like make your instructions more userfriendly so people that dont have programming knowledge can actually use your program?

just saying "edit the xml to fit your needs" doesn't help at all for someone who doesnt know what theyre doing.

I get a bunch of errors when I try to run this in the command prompt.... and then am left helpless as to where to proceed.

You dont need programming knowledge to run this script. You can edit the XML file with wordpad. Once you open it, you will see that each of the variables is well explained and should be straightforward. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
tboooe Wrote:You dont need programming knowledge to run this script. You can edit the XML file with wordpad. Once you open it, you will see that each of the variables is well explained and should be straightforward. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

They're not straight forward and very unclear.

Half the stuff there might as well be in Chineese to me, i can't make heads or tails of it.

The only thing I changed was the path where the thumbnail folder is, by adding my USERNAME in the USERNAME spot.... But nothing works.

I doubt the purpose of this script/program was to help people with good knowledge, as they could have done it themselves, its for the people who don't know any programming, and so its very unclear as to what to do .

At least give all the line numbers that MUST be edited... :/
nfusion2011 Wrote:They're not straight forward and very unclear.

Half the stuff there might as well be in Chineese to me, i can't make heads or tails of it.

The only thing I changed was the path where the thumbnail folder is, by adding my USERNAME in the USERNAME spot.... But nothing works.

I doubt the purpose of this script/program was to help people with good knowledge, as they could have done it themselves, its for the people who don't know any programming, and so its very unclear as to what to do .

Are you asking for help or demanding it? I know you may be frustrated but there are lots of people on this forum who will help you is you remain patient. I will post some instructions later today....
thank you so much for this script, I never knew I even needed it til you posted it! Wink

I just reinstalled xbmc a week ago and had started w/ a new cache folder and your script already found 30MB of unused junk sitting there after just a week's time!

I wonder if the devs would consider including a version of your script natively into XBMC, perhaps to run on XBMC closing or something of that sort?

How often would you recommend running the script?
nfusion2011 Wrote:They're not straight forward and very unclear.

Here is the list of all variables that need to be changed with some comments:
<LoggingLevel expiredays="14">3</LoggingLevel> ===== no need to change this

<ThumbnailDir>C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails</ThumbnailDir> =====if you are using Win7 this should be the directory of where your thumbnails are. Just change the USERNAME to match yours. If you are using a different version of windows then you will need to put the correct path. Use Windows explorer to navigate to the path and copy it here

<Simulation>false</Simulation> ====I suggest you put TRUE here the first time you run this script so nothing gets deleted. Once you are satisfied it works, change to FALSE
<SpotCheck max="500">C:\ThumbCleanerSpotCheck</SpotCheck> ====put any number you want here. The higher the number the more images are displayed for you to review. This is not really important.

<SQLite enabled="false"> ====are you using MYSQL? If not, change this to TRUE
<VideoDBPath>C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database\MyVideos34.db</VideoDBPath> ====again, find where these files exist and put the correct path here.
<MusicDBPath>C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database\MyMusic7.db</MusicDBPath> ====again, find where these files exist and put the correct path here.
</SQLite>

<XBMCMySQLServer enabled="true"> ====if you are not using MYSQL change this to FALSE and dont worry about the stuff below.
<XBMCServerName>192.168.2.124</XBMCServerName><!--Name or IP address-->
<XBMCVideoSchema>xbmc_video</XBMCVideoSchema>
<XBMCMusicSchema>xbmc_music</XBMCMusicSchema>
<MySQLUsername>xbmc</MySQLUsername>
<MySQLPassword>xbmc</MySQLPassword>
<MySQLPort>3306</MySQLPort>
<CharacterSet>latin1</CharacterSet><!--latin1 is default, and recommended. See here for details: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=5...post576974 -->
</XBMCMySQLServer>

<JSONRPC>
<XBMCName>192.168.2.124</XBMCName> ====put the IP address of your computer that is running XBMC or if this script is running on the same computer that XBMC is running you can put LOCALHOST
<method>Raw</method> <!--Either Raw or Curl -->====if you cant get this script to work try CURL

<!--These options are only used if Curl is specified as the method-->
<port>80</port> ====go into XBMC settings>system to see what port XBMC is accessing. I believe default is 8080
<username>xbmc</username> ====in the same settings section look for or add the appropriate user name and password.
<password>xbmc</password>
</JSONRPC>
</root>

Let me know if you have any questions.
Hi,

I have little issue Sad

Code:
03/22/2011 11:39:36 PM INFO    MySQL:Music      Done with MySQL Queries
03/22/2011 11:39:36 PM INFO    JSON-RPC:Video   Adding JSON-RPC videos/audio to catch any hash's that weren't generated from MySQL data. This may take a while...
03/22/2011 11:39:36 PM INFO    JSON-RPC:Video   Adding hashs from JSON-RPC video library items
03/22/2011 11:39:46 PM WARNING JSON-RPC:Video   No data was received from XBMC after waiting for 10 seconds. Cancelling the request.
03/22/2011 11:39:46 PM WARNING JSON-RPC:Video   The response from XBMC is not a valid JSON string:

03/22/2011 11:39:46 PM WARNING JSON-RPC:Video   JSON Returned was not valid (attempt 1 of 3), will try again...

how to properly install and configure JSON-RPC plugin ?

many thanks for any tips
See info here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=JSO...g_JSON_RPC

TCP: "Allow External Control of XBMC" for localhost control and "Allow Control from other computers" for access from outside localhost.
tboooe Wrote:Here is the list of all variables that need to be changed with some comments:
<LoggingLevel expiredays="14">3</LoggingLevel> ===== no need to change this

<ThumbnailDir>C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails</ThumbnailDir> =====if you are using Win7 this should be the directory of where your thumbnails are. Just change the USERNAME to match yours. If you are using a different version of windows then you will need to put the correct path. Use Windows explorer to navigate to the path and copy it here

<Simulation>false</Simulation> ====I suggest you put TRUE here the first time you run this script so nothing gets deleted. Once you are satisfied it works, change to FALSE
<SpotCheck max="500">C:\ThumbCleanerSpotCheck</SpotCheck> ====put any number you want here. The higher the number the more images are displayed for you to review. This is not really important.

<SQLite enabled="false"> ====are you using MYSQL? If not, change this to TRUE
<VideoDBPath>C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database\MyVideos34.db</VideoDBPath> ====again, find where these files exist and put the correct path here.
<MusicDBPath>C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database\MyMusic7.db</MusicDBPath> ====again, find where these files exist and put the correct path here.
</SQLite>

<XBMCMySQLServer enabled="true"> ====if you are not using MYSQL change this to FALSE and dont worry about the stuff below.
<XBMCServerName>192.168.2.124</XBMCServerName><!--Name or IP address-->
<XBMCVideoSchema>xbmc_video</XBMCVideoSchema>
<XBMCMusicSchema>xbmc_music</XBMCMusicSchema>
<MySQLUsername>xbmc</MySQLUsername>
<MySQLPassword>xbmc</MySQLPassword>
<MySQLPort>3306</MySQLPort>
<CharacterSet>latin1</CharacterSet><!--latin1 is default, and recommended. See here for details: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=5...post576974 -->
</XBMCMySQLServer>

<JSONRPC>
<XBMCName>192.168.2.124</XBMCName> ====put the IP address of your computer that is running XBMC or if this script is running on the same computer that XBMC is running you can put LOCALHOST
<method>Raw</method> <!--Either Raw or Curl -->====if you cant get this script to work try CURL

<!--These options are only used if Curl is specified as the method-->
<port>80</port> ====go into XBMC settings>system to see what port XBMC is accessing. I believe default is 8080
<username>xbmc</username> ====in the same settings section look for or add the appropriate user name and password.
<password>xbmc</password>
</JSONRPC>
</root>

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ok, so let me get this straight.

#1) My script is going to be run on the same win7 machine that XBMC is on.

#2) I changed all the paths which had USERNAME in them to my userID.

#3) You mentioned: "<XBMCMySQLServer enabled="true"> ====if you are not using MYSQL change this to FALSE and dont worry about the stuff below."; I'm not using whatever that is, I'm using Notepad to edit the XML, so I left that as FALSE, and as you mentioned "dont worry about the stuff below".

So really, there was nothing to change except the USERNAME for my scenario, which I had already done prior to you writing your post.

Yet I get the same garbage errors which dont help the average user troubleshoot the problem.

P.S.: I also tried to change the mode to CURL< and go in settings as you suggested, and add a name/pass (default port was 80 by the way, not 8080 in XBMC)., and I still get garbage errors that are impossible to decode.

Note I executed both the x64 and x86 releases, in admin mode and non admin mode, in curl and raw, failed every time in every combo.
nfusion2011 Wrote:...
Yet I get the same garbage errors which dont help the average user troubleshoot the problem...

bradvido88 Wrote:If you have problems, please paste your log and ThumbCleanerConfig.xml to pastebin.com and reply here with a link to them.
Here is what a normal log would look like for reference: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=5cd6WEYf

Why don't you do what I ask, post the contents of the .log file, and I'm sure we can fix it? Telling us that you don't understand errors or know the difference between xml, mysql, and notepad doesn't help anyone.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clean up the Thumbnails folder4