[?] PictureViewer and EXIF tags to show?
Hi there. Using Dharma on Win7_64.

Is there a way to tweak what the pictureviewer show on the screen?

* Can EXIF fields be shown on the screen when either on fullscreen view or that thumbs & selected picview?

>> I'd like to show USER COMMENTS on the screen, all my picture's info are in those..
Smile
? not a clue from anyone? really?
Currently using XBMC 10.1 on Vista on my office desktop PC, and have to use an external slideshow viewer (SimpleViewer Pro) if I want user comments.

Will be moving to an HTPC connected to home AV setup in lounge in the next few months and want to keep the HTPC free of non-essential software - so the ability to have user comments in an XBMC picture slideshow would be most welcome!
jivauk Wrote:Currently using XBMC 10.1 on Vista on my office desktop PC, and have to use an external slideshow viewer (SimpleViewer Pro) if I want user comments.

sure, I believe I'm the only one who actually uses the technology as it should and was intended: all my other friends+ others rename the picturefiles to include the story whats going on: a mega-idiot idea.
The point of Exif if to make all of this possible with out filesystem hassle (permanent persistency)

Rename file = Batchrun <original-TimeStamp> from one's Exif.

So... why isn't there any pictureplayers supporting this?
Xbmc of any should actually lead the way.. Even Win7 shows these automatically..

- There could be (atstart) 6 possibilities to include 6 different ExifFields.
left,middle,right on both top and botton screen.
Fieldoption can vary from anything from date of digitize to user comments..

This would be great feature!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EXIF
Along this same line of thinking, I would like to see the ability to change the rotation of a picture in XBMC by being able to edit the EXIF information without the use of an external editor. Would this be possible? Many of the pictures taken by my family are taken with the camera pointed sideways at the subject and they don't currently come out real well in an XBMC slideshow.

Mark

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[?] PictureViewer and EXIF tags to show?0