DXVA2 enabled causes tearing
steelman1991 Wrote:I didn't say the DSPlayer thread, I said the DSCodec thread - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ht=dscodec

Oh ! Thanks for that, cool thread Smile
I take it that nobody has any ideas on this since it's been some time since I originally posed the issue.

I've since set up MPC-HC as my default player (as much as I didn't want to) to get around this.
adrianf74 Wrote:I take it that nobody has any ideas on this since it's been some time since I originally posed the issue.

I've since set up MPC-HC as my default player (as much as I didn't want to) to get around this.

I have the same issue on an i5 system. Haven't found any solution, and using an external player really detracts from the experiance in my opinion.
I have the exact issue as post #3 example. Can reproduce in VLC and Boxee freezes with hardware accel. Windows 7 on i5-2400 w/ asus p8h67-m LE.
Same problem, it's been reported over and over again in these forums. It sometimes happens at the start of a movie a little, but ALWAYS happens when fastforwarding past 2x speed with specific (most) H264 movies. Nobody with XBMC development knows or cares to fix it seems, and turning off DVXA2 is not an option unless you want dropped frame playback that anybody can tell is "just a PC" playing the video, as opposed to an uber media center as it should be considered =D.

I just play and pause movies, and use skip forward and back instead of RW/FF, that way my guests don't realize my uber setup has bugs. =D
I have an i3-530 on an Asus P7H55D-M EVO motherboard running Windows 7 Pro (no updates). I am using the Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows 7 (Version 2279) driver. I have not seen any problems playing 1080P MKV videos!

Note: When I did my fresh install of Win7, I disconnected the internet connection so I did not get the MS Intel driver. I then manually installed the Intel driver from my hard drive.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DXVA2 enabled causes tearing0