[LINUX]Logitech Harmony One
aaronb Wrote:Out of the box, no, you can only set it up as an MCE remote and are limited to assigning the function available on that remote. With some configuration of LIRC, I think it can.

hmmm. so if i wanted the "menu" button on the remote to activate the "OSD Player Controls" in XBMC and the "Guide" button to open the "Context Menu" for example, can this be done without any third party software?
Shinu Wrote:hmmm. so if i wanted the "menu" button on the remote to activate the "OSD Player Controls" in XBMC and the "Guide" button to open the "Context Menu" for example, can this be done without any third party software?

Yeah you can just tell the logitech software that you want the guide button to basically be a "M" for the onscreen controls in xbmc.
Shinu Wrote:hmmm. so if i wanted the "menu" button on the remote to activate the "OSD Player Controls" in XBMC and the "Guide" button to open the "Context Menu" for example, can this be done without any third party software?

Yes that will work just fine. The limitation comes from setting up the Harmony as an MCE remote in the Logitech software. That's the way to make it work with Live, but then the only commands you have available to map in the software are the ones on the MCE remote. In Windows you can set up the Harmony as an MCE keyboard, and this gives you way more options for mapping commands.

Yes. You simply configure your Harmony One in the Logitech software as a MCE remote. Most of the logical commands you would want are supported out-of-the-box on XBMC.

You can create custom buttons / customize the actions in the keymap.xml file. This is much easier than it sounds...

You can map any button on your Logitech Harmony to available button commands... which are sent to your HTPC. From the HTPC you can configure what actions these commands perform in certain contexts.

You can create global actions but also more specific actions for when you are palying a video... etc. Wink

patm95 Wrote:Yeah you can just tell the logitech software that you want the guide button to basically be a "M" for the onscreen controls in xbmc.

I do not recommend taking this approach. Using the MCE configuration provides plenty of buttons to create all of the functionality on your Harmony One. The core functionality out of the box and then you still have room for custom buttons. For example, buttons to toggle subtitles, fullscreen, go to Weather, Music, Pictures, Videos, toggle view between watch/unwatched, mark as watched...

Never have I run out of buttons to allow my Harmony One to perform as desired.
yeah I do agree with bmcclure937. There are plenty of extra buttons to map this out to. In fact that is what I did. I mapped out the osd button to an extra button.
@aaronb & bmcclure937 Thanx 4 the response guys Smile
poofyhairguy Wrote:It will probably, with maybe only some minor lag.

Thanks, it did work just great, only strugling with backbtn not working in xbmc and i do indeed have some lag that is abit anoiing :S

Is there anything i can do about the back button?
JaizEdelmann Wrote:Thanks, it did work just great, only strugling with backbtn not working in xbmc and i do indeed have some lag that is abit anoiing :S

Is there anything i can do about the back button?

You customized all your buttons right? Example:

http://openelec.tv/forum/12-guides-tips-...lete-guide

The function of the Exit, Menu, and Previous Channel buttons are the trickiest part of configuring/using a Harmony remote in XBMC (and any remote for that matter). Different people have a different idea of what they want those buttons to do.

My personal preference is to have Exit go back to the home screen, and for the Prev Channel button to navigate up one folder. Some people map both buttons to the same command. Some people use the Menu button to go back.

What complicates things further is which button should close the context menu, or close popup windows like addon settings. Getting things working exactly the way you want might require editing the keymap.xml, and in extreme cases making changes to LIRC. The guides that are out there are helpful, but if you have a specific way you want things to work sometimes the guides can be confusing.

I use a Mac Mini and an Ion system, and the process for configuring the remote is very different between the two, which complicates things further. These differences and the varying personal preferences make it hard to help people get their remote set up to their liking.
aaronb Wrote:The function of the Exit, Menu, and Previous Channel buttons are the trickiest part of configuring/using a Harmony remote in XBMC (and any remote for that matter). Different people have a different idea of what they want those buttons to do.

What complicates things further is which button should close the context menu, or close popup windows like addon settings. Getting things working exactly the way you want might require editing the keymap.xml,

That's what I've just discovered over the last few days of testing my new Harmony remote.
It pretty much works out of the box, but I find myself stuck when playing a movie and I bring up the main menu... I can't get back to the movie ie close the menu :confused2:
I will be finalizing my Harmony One configuration guide ASAP. Poofy posted the link above and it is also in my signature. Wink

You should not be experiencing issues closing certain context menus if you have the keymap.xml file written properly to accommodate for your desired functionality.
bmcclure937 Wrote:I will be finalizing my Harmony One configuration guide ASAP. Poofy posted the link above and it is also in my signature. Wink

You should not be experiencing issues closing certain context menus if you have the keymap.xml file written properly to accommodate for your desired functionality.

Looking forward to the rest of your guide Nod I've already used it once Wink Thanks for writing it up

I haven't touched the keymap.xml file yet, just using the defaults for now
Awesome!! Glad it has helped thus far. I have just finished updating the guide to include information on customizing the keymap.xml file.

I have included a Pastebin link to my keymap.xml file for others to use (or modify). This is a great example and I feel it is self-explanatory.

I am still considering further detail and explanation on editing the file... but I feel the best way is to follow my current guide and dive in to get experience. Wink
bmcclure937 Wrote:I will be finalizing my Harmony One configuration guide ASAP. Poofy posted the link above and it is also in my signature. Wink

Thanks from here aswell

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX]Logitech Harmony One0