TV Shows Randomly Stopped Scraping
UPDATE: After wiping the library *.db files, and clearing out all of the *.tbn/*.nfo/*.jpg files and running a fresh library scrape, things seem to be running as they should!

Hey Everyone,

I poked around the forums and haven't found anyone experiencing quite the same issue as i am, so here goes:

I have XBMC running on my ATV2, accessing media on a NAS via SMB. Once I got over a few hurdles during the setup, things were running smooth for a few weeks. By smooth, I mean every single movie (~50) and every episode of every TV Show (20-30 shows, hundreds of episodes across them) was playing and scraping properly.

When I added a couple new episodes to existing shows using identical naming conventions to that of the existing episodes this morning and flipped on XBMC, I noticed the issue. It seems that TV Shows no longer scrape at all. The auto update finds the new content, looks like its scraping (ie displays "Californication 5x6" and hangs on that for a few minutes, and then just finishes.)

When I navigate to said new episode, instead of the usual # and episode title and thumbnail, I get "6" as the name, and no thumbnail. I tried a movie and it still seems to be scraping those fine, but there were 3-4 episodes from various tv shows that are showing up as described.

I know I should be posting a debug log, but I am writing this while I'm away from home in hopes that there may already be a known solution (or someone that knows what's going on) so that I can fix things up when I arrive home tonight. If that's not the case, I will absolutely post one asap.

Some possible causes I have thought of:
  • The TV Show scraper add-on requires an update
  • XBMC requires an update (have not updated since original 10.0.0 release)
  • An issue on TVDB's end (tho given that there is no flood of posts I am inclinded to disregard this one)

Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated. I was ecstatic when I finally got this running and it's killing me that things have stopped working!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows Randomly Stopped Scraping0