XBMC Constantly Relaunches External Player
I am using Windows Media Player as an external player for DRM'd content from Amazon Unbox (or OnDemand or whatever they are calling it this week). I would play the content in WMP and quit WMP when I was done. XBMC would still be running and would appear with focus again. All was well. A few weeks ago I started having a problem where immediately after quitting WMP , XBMC would relaunch it with the content I had just been watching. That loop continued until I forced XBMC to quit. I made a couple of adjustments to how I was quitting WMP and all was well for a little while. Then it started again. I upgraded to Windows 7 SP1 and that didn't change anything.

I finally wrote a macro for my remote so that when I press STOP when I'm in WMP the system switches to XBMC and quits it. That also apparently forces WMP to quit as well. Then I relaunch XBMC and move on. This is less than ideal.

Here's a link to my debug log:
http://pastebin.com/ejHHSiTd

At 13:41:48 you can see the first time I launch the external player (the content in this case was Nikita). At 13:42:05 I get a CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: PlaybackEnded from xbmc. That's me quitting WMP. Then at 13:42:05 I get another indication playback is starting. You'll have to trust me when I say I didn't do that manually. '-)

Here are the rest of the specs on my system:

core i3 on an intel motherboard
4GB RAM
Intel video driver 8.15.10.2202
Rocketfish PCI sound card driver 5.12.1.2020
XBMC Dharma 10.0

And just in case, my playercorefactory.xml file (which hasn't been changed between the time things were working and they weren't).

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
   <player name="Windows Media Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <filename>C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe</filename>
     <args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
   </player>
   <player name="TMT" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe</filename>
      <args>E:</args>
      <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
      <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
    </player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
   <rule name="Blu-Ray" protocols="bd" player="TMT"/>
   <rule name="DVD" protocols="dvd" player="TMT"/>
   <rule name="DRMed" filetypes="wmv" player="Windows Media Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Any thoughts?
Do you have repeat enabled?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Do you have repeat enabled?

Why yes, I apparently did. I didn't even know that option existed and am not sure how it got enabled, but disabling repeat in Now Playing fixed my problem. Boy do I feel silly. Thanks for the assistance.
No worries - glad it is all back to working Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constantly Relaunches External Player0