• 11(current)
HD-Trailers.Net Downloader - New Version
love this app...

is there anyway to set it so there's a maximum amount of trailers in a folder? i don't want it to download like 100 of them since i don't want a ton of movies and i only have it play one trailer per movie in CE.

Not directly. You could use
<!--Delete files/Directories older than X days. Set to 0 to disable and keep all-->
<add key="KeepFor" value="30" />

to limit the number of trailers.
This application deleted my entire movie library! http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=131003
if you don't read the docs and figure out how it works.....then.....
WE ALL WE GOT
Maximoo ran into an issue with HD-Trailer.net Downloader that apparently deleted the files in his My Video folder. I was able to track down atleast part of what happened. The problem would only affect someone who
1. did not explicitly specify a folder for Trailers
2. was actively using the My Videos folder for other videos.

When Maximoo first ran HD-Trailer.Net Downloader, he hadn't configured a download folder for the trailers in the config file. If no folder is specified, HD-Trailers.Net Downlaoder just points itself to "My Videos" so that the program doesn't crap out when it is run. I had meant to create a folder called HD-Trailers.net Downloader in My Videos but there was an error in the code that prevented this from happening.

The consequence of this was that the first time Maximoo ran HD-Trailers.Net Downloader, it started to clean the My Videos folder of folders and filers that were older than 30 day. This certainly wasn't the correct or expected behavior.

The part I don't understand is that the deleteion should just move items to the recycle bin so he should ahve been able to recover most if not all of his files from there. In his case that is not what appeared to have happened.

Anyone using HD-Trailers.Net Downloader shouldn't have to worry about this if they explicitly specify the folder for downloaded trailers. To make sure this doesn't happen in the future, I have uploaded a new version of HD-Trailers.Net Downloader (V 2.07) that sets the download folder to My Videos\HD-Trailer.Net Downloader. This should make sure that the folder used by HD-Trailer.Net Dwonloader is meant to be managed by HD-Trailer.Net Downloader.

To Maximoo, I have to applogize for the problem. In all of the time HD-Trailer.Net Downloader has been available, This is the first time, the has happened and there are almost 250 people actibvely using the program.
How does this actually work?
I have downloaded imo the latest version 2.0.8 but log file says 2.0.4
Second, i ran into the same problem as Maximoo but luckily i didn't have that important stuff there, it did't move to recycle bin.
Third, where does it look? After second issue i created a empty test folder on my desktop changed config and I noticed it was downloading/looking for movies i'm not aware off i have them?
Then i put some test movies in test folder /test/<moviename/filename.mkv
Again it didn't looked for those movies but started to randomly download other movies which i don't have.

Quote:3-6-2012 13:54:25 - Next trailer: Prometheus (Clip: Home)
3-6-2012 13:54:25 - Title not a trailer. Skipping...

3-6-2012 13:54:26 - Next trailer: Rock of Ages (Clip: I Wanna Rock)
3-6-2012 13:54:26 - Title not a trailer. Skipping...

3-6-2012 13:54:26 - Next trailer: Rock of Ages (Clip: Fame)
3-6-2012 13:54:26 - Title not a trailer. Skipping...

3-6-2012 13:54:26 - Next trailer: The Expendables 2 (60 Second Trailer)
I don't have any of them!

Fourth, i'making use of the use the xbmc format option
<!--Set to True to save files with XBMC -trailer appended-->
<add key="XBMCFileNames" value="true" />
But isn't XBMC format <filename>-trailer.<ext> instead of this 2012-06-03 The Expendables 2 (60 Second Trailer)-trailer.mov ?

And last, how can i let it look for files on my NAS?
I think you are misunderstanding the purpose of HD-Trailers.Net Downloader. It doens't download trailers for the movies in you movie collection. It downloads trailers from the specified RSS movie trailer feed so that you have the latest trailers for use in XBMC's Home Cinema Experience.

If you don't like the prepended date, just set
<add key="AddDates" value="false" />

Sorry about the problem with the version number. Now fixed in version 2.09
(2012-06-04, 04:08)ijourneaux Wrote: I think you are misunderstanding the purpose of HD-Trailers.Net Downloader. It doens't download trailers for the movies in you movie collection. It downloads trailers from the specified RSS movie trailer feed so that you have the latest trailers for use in XBMC's Home Cinema Experience.

If you don't like the prepended date, just set
<add key="AddDates" value="false" />

Sorry about the problem with the version number. Now fixed in version 2.09

Your right, i thought it would collect trailers for my collection. Still a cool app though Wink
Is it possible to only download trailers that are the top X most watched? I get a bunch of random small trailers that I really never want to watch. I really just want the more mainstream ones.
Unfortunately no. Basically the trailers that are downloaded are the one added to the newsfeed that you selected (Default is HD-Trailers.Net RSS Feed). You can adjust the settings to ignore foreign trailers/documentaries/etc.
Perhaps that can narrow the list down for you.
tried changing the directory to a networked server and its still going to my videos file. im not good with editing stuff like this sorry...heres what i changed it to...
Code:
<!--Where do you want the trailers downloaded to?-->
    <add key="Trailers" value="//server/Trailers" />

thanks
I use a mapped drive but there is no reason this shouldn't work. I will look at this tonight.
I see the problem. You can't change the key. Here is what it should look lke.

<!--Where do you want the trailers downloaded to?-->
<add key="TrailerDownloadFolder" value="\\server\Trailers" />
oh ok thanks it worked i appreciate your fast response!!
if i only want 1080 trailers is this correct?

Code:
<!--Set in order of preference. If doesn't exist, will skip. Ex: "720p,1080p,480p"-->
    <add key="QualityPreference" value="1080p" />

basically i just removed 480 and 720 from the equation...
That should do it!
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD-Trailers.Net Downloader - New Version3