• 3(current)
HD-Trailers.Net Downloader - New Version
I'll just edit the nfo and add the MPAA rating myself then I can safely use CE for when my kids are there .
shaktoo Wrote:ijourneaux what about this site, it seems to have MPAA ratings & info for the trailers , would you be able to get the script grab the nfo / ratings from here ?
http://www.filmcrave.com/trailers_new.php

I just did a search on FilmCrave for "Bad Teacher", a recent trailer that was downloaded. No MPAA info on that one.

What about a flag to force movies with no rating to a specified rating. THis could be configured.
All trailers & upcoming movies would unfortunately wait for film ratings certificate , this might not happen until maybe a few weeks prior to the film's release, there are weekly bulletins as per here ... http://www.filmratings.com/filmRatings_C.../bulletin/
Maybe we can use this to gather all relevant ratings
a single flag for all movies with no ratings available is a good idea But again would cause issues. Imagine bad teacher getting a G or Cars 2 having an R. how will you specify / force our own ratings ? based on Genre ? it is a very good / viable solution if you could kink out this issue.
ijourneaux Wrote:I just did a search on FilmCrave for "Bad Teacher", a recent trailer that was downloaded. No MPAA info on that one.

What about a flag to force movies with no rating to a specified rating. THis could be configured.
I have given bad teacher an "R" in the nfo. now the CE script is pulling it perfectly as per the film's ratings.
right now I am manually entering the missing ratings myself .. e.g all children's movies are getting "G" while anything remotely above that is being lumped into "R" at present in this household. Both Missus & Kiddies are quite Happy.Wink
I think you could add a setting that will allow us to determine a rating to set blank ratings to... in my case, I suppose I could then just set them all to R so my kids don't see them... kind of takes away from the experience some, but it's either that or I just don't use ratings and hope their aren't any r-rated trailers in the family or kids categories (which shouldn't happen often/ever). I think maybe we are making this into too big of a deal? I'll try it for a while with mpaa rating matching turned off and see how it goes.
I will be adding a config switch to set the MPAA rating to some some setting if there isn't one available. That is probably better that not putting in any value.
Cool ! could you also look at the renaming to folder.jpg whenever you have spare minute or two.. Thanks in Advance
shaktoo Wrote:Cool ! could you also look at the renaming to folder.jpg whenever you have spare minute or two.. Thanks in Advance

I don't think would work very well... at least not without creating subfolders for each trailer. As it is now, all my trailers are downloaded to the same root folder. This would obviously create a problem.
Its working without a hitch with all trailers in their own folders.. that option was & is there in the downloader from ijourneaux from the start . each folder has its own nfo & art. It is not necessary at all and I was just requesting that as the script is already doing this , just that it does it in the way as recognised by xbmc. again not a biggie at all, I am just thankful to ijourneaux & yourself & other coders / skinners who are doing an ACE job indeed.
Thanks ijourneaux, this was just what I was looking for. I just set the paths and started it up and came back later with 20 or so new coming attractions ready to watch, nice Cool I like the Apple Movie Trailer plugin and it's interface, but it doesn't have a batch download option, unfortunately.

Some feedback on the 1.5 build (Mar 17):
1. When CreateFolder=true, the thumbnail file is being named "folder. jpg" (there is a space between the period and "jpg")
2. When XBMCFileNames=true, and CreateFolder=false, the thumbnail should be named {moviename}-trailer.tbn, in order for it to show in XBMC's file browser.

Regarding the nfo file, since filenames ending *-trailer.{ext} are ignored when XBMC compiles its Movie Information, how is this intended to be used? Is there a way to set up a custom view for trailers, that don't get added to the general Movie database? Since most of the videos pulled from HD-Trailer's feed won't be released to the home market for some time, I'd like to keep these separate from the trailers files that sit alongside full movies.

Currently, I am just watching these by adding the target path as a source and setting its content type to None, and browsing by file (no Movie Information is available). Previous posts mentioned the Cinema Experience plugin, I'll have to take a look at that.

Also, do you know if HD-Trailers' RSS has options to return a longer list? It would be nice to be able to grab all the trailers for the last few months since alot of summer blockbuster trailers were originally posted last fall.
nick_k Wrote:Regarding the nfo file, since filenames ending *-trailer.{ext} are ignored when XBMC compiles its Movie Information, how is this intended to be used?

This is only used by the Cinema Experience addon right now as far as I know.

nick_k Wrote:Is there a way to set up a custom view for trailers, that don't get added to the general Movie database?

This would be nice, but I haven't found a way to do this either. I'm doing the same thing that you are right now.

nick_k Wrote:Also, do you know if HD-Trailers' RSS has options to return a longer list? It would be nice to be able to grab all the trailers for the last few months since alot of summer blockbuster trailers were originally posted last fall.

I just checked and the answer appears to be no. There really isn't much that can be done about it. I just let my app run all the time and I get the new trailers shortly after they are available on the RSS feed. To be able to grab more/other trailers, a scraper would need to be developed. I'm actually getting quite good at this, but my time is all tied up in Audio-Matic at the moment.
I was still running the clickonce version of 1.4 and just noticed 1.5 was out. After installing it, it doesn't seem to pick up my .config file... Actually, it almost immediately closes and does nothing. Where does the app look for it's config file now.

Previously (in 1.4), its was located here:
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\HD-Trailers.Net Downloader

How did you get 1.5 working Nick?
nevermind... apparently it wiped out my .config file on installation. After updating the settings it works fine.

I also updated my AppLauncher program to work better with this release. The download link and my original post has been updated with this revised version. The only major change was the ability to run the HD-trailers.net app hidden in the background if desired.
I installed version 1.5. Was not using any previous versions. Edited the config file and tried running the exe. After a few seconds the command prompt disappears. The log file is linked below. I am getting an unhandled exception.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3007540/HD-Trail...loader.log

Any thoughts?
Okay, I installed version 1.4 and it installed a bunch of .NET stuff. Now 1.5 seems to be working.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD-Trailers.Net Downloader - New Version3