• 5(current)
XBMC PulseAudio passthrough support (including Nvidia) is available
Thumbs Up 
I just compiled AudioFilter and your fork of XBMC on my debian 6.0.1 x64 system using ALSA 1.0.24. I had to make a minor fix to AudioFilter makefile (-m64 instead of -m32 in the x64 ifdef), but except that, everything went fine. I am now able to watch in PassThrough a DTS-MA movie without any problem whatsoever Smile.

Thanks a lot for your work and keep it up Smile.

For reference, I am using a ASUS NVIDIA ENGT240, with latest NVIDIA drivers with a DENON AVR-1610 amp.
I found another problem movie, it is "The Condemned" and it has some loud pops at some sound intense scenes that can even cause the receiver to overload and shutdown.

I will make a sample from one of the pops and get it to you as soon as I get a chance.

The audio is 7.1ch DTS-HD HRA
shadow Wrote:I found another problem movie, it is "The Condemned" and it has some loud pops at some sound intense scenes that can even cause the receiver to overload and shutdown.

I will make a sample from one of the pops and get it to you as soon as I get a chance.

The audio is 7.1ch DTS-HD HRA

Probably the same problem as Nightmare. I know what the problem is for Nightmare, but it's going to take some changes in pulseaudio.
cbxbiker61 Wrote:Probably the same problem as Nightmare. I know what the problem is for Nightmare, but it's going to take some changes in pulseaudio.

Out of curiosity, what is the problem exactly?
Calvados Wrote:Out of curiosity, what is the problem exactly?

The bandwidth requirements exceed the available bandwidth and the data is clipped.
doesn't seem to work for me with my NVidia connection. Works great with the built in intel optical. I have one of the new gtx590s, so maybe just a matter of hardware support. It's two gpus so two NVidia devices actually show up CARD=NVidia and CARD=NVidia_1. The actual connection is CARD=NVidia_1,DEV=3. Works great with ALSA and normal pulse, but pulse passthrough fails. Strange thing is I don't get a failure message, and the logs act like it's playing the audio. I'm wondering if it's not picking up the right configuration.
kodi from https://github.com/eternalsword/xbmc/tree/delta, transparency 7.1.5, funtoo kernel 3.18.0
one other thing, your version of pulse give version UNKNOWN, so hard to compile against with apps looking for libpulse >= 0.9.x will see if I can patch it.
kodi from https://github.com/eternalsword/xbmc/tree/delta, transparency 7.1.5, funtoo kernel 3.18.0
Here's my patch. Patch is applied before bootstrapping. Switched version to 0.9.999 Not sure what the closest version is to the current state of your repo. Should probably replace with that version. By the way, I'll probably set up an overlay for gentoo to automate using your stuff for anyone interested. I have the pulse ebuild working. Will need to set up audiofilter and xbmc.

Code:
diff --git a/git-version-gen b/git-version-gen
index 6181ad9..0fdb31f 100755
--- a/git-version-gen
+++ b/git-version-gen
@@ -133,23 +133,23 @@ then
#    v=`echo "$v" | sed 's/-/./;s/\(.*\)-g/\1-/'`;
     :
else
-    v=UNKNOWN
+    v=0.9.999
fi

v=`echo "$v" |sed 's/^v//'`

# Don't declare a version "dirty" merely because a time stamp has changed.
-git status > /dev/null 2>&1
+#git status > /dev/null 2>&1

-dirty=`sh -c 'git diff-index --name-only HEAD' 2>/dev/null` || dirty=
-case "$dirty" in
-    '') ;;
-    *) # Append the suffix only if there isn't one already.
-    case $v in
-      *-dirty) ;;
-      *) v="$v-dirty" ;;
-    esac ;;
-esac
+#dirty=`sh -c 'git diff-index --name-only HEAD' 2>/dev/null` || dirty=
+#case "$dirty" in
+#    '') ;;
+#    *) # Append the suffix only if there isn't one already.
+#    case $v in
+#      *-dirty) ;;
+#      *) v="$v-dirty" ;;
+#    esac ;;
+#esac

# Omit the trailing newline, so that m4_esyscmd can use the result directly.
echo "$v" | tr -d '\012'
Hi all,

the repository git://git.collabora.co.uk/git/user/arun/pulseaudio.git is not available (user Arun don't exist in the tree).

Where can i download it?
Thanks

Davide
dado483 Wrote:Hi all,

the repository git://git.collabora.co.uk/git/user/arun/pulseaudio.git is not available (user Arun don't exist in the tree).

Where can i download it?
Thanks

Davide

Try again. Works fine for me.
eternalsword Wrote:Try again. Works fine for me.

I can confirm that now is working.
Maybe it was only a temporary down
Any chance you could start working on this again? Or at least merge the latest XBMC source since a couple hours ago they fixed a bug that has stopped me from watching TV and I don't want to choose between two features.
shadow Wrote:Any chance you could start working on this again? Or at least merge the latest XBMC source since a couple hours ago they fixed a bug that has stopped me from watching TV and I don't want to choose between two features.

Yeah, I've been on vacation for a couple of weeks. I want to roll in support for the latest version of FFmpeg. I may just start a new branch since it'll be easier just to add my patches to that rather than resolve conflicts.
I hope you enjoyed your vacation.
cbxbiker61 Wrote:Yeah, I've been on vacation for a couple of weeks. I want to roll in support for the latest version of FFmpeg. I may just start a new branch since it'll be easier just to add my patches to that rather than resolve conflicts.

As I mentioned in a previous post, as is your version doesn't work with my setup using nvidia gtx590 on gentoo with git-sources kernel version 2.6.39-rc7. I can see the hdmi (Pulse) option but it doesn't play anything. It may be an issue with detecting the correct device. Since it is dual-gpu (first one ever from nvidia) it shows up as two connections but only one of the two actually works.

The built-in audio on the motherboard is hw0. hw1 is from the nvidia card but is the blank one. hw2 is the one that works, specifically hw2,9. Let me know of any info I can provide that might help.

Thanks
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC PulseAudio passthrough support (including Nvidia) is available3