XBMC - Remote Back Button Issue
Hi Guys,

I got the earlier issues i had with remote and mp3 stuttering sorted.

I don't know what i actually did to resolve them but a change of PC seemed to have worked.

However there is still one final issue i cannot figure out.

And again it seems to be a common sense one and i am surprised that XBMC does not come with MCE remote full support.

I'm pretty sure that people using XBMC for their HTPC would not want to use a keyboard and mouse because it defeats the purpose.

My issue is that the back button does not work while watching Videos.

All the other buttons appear to work except the back button. But the back button works when you are using music and other menu items, but does not work when you have selected a video.

I have edited the respective xml fles (remote, keyboard) in the roaming profiles and also in the system folders.

From reading other similar posts i changed the following settings

<FullscreenVideo>
<remote>
<back>PreviousMenu</back>
<record>OSD</record>
</remote>
</FullscreenVideo>

What i understand the above code to be is that in the fullscreen video mode when you press the back button the previous menu should appear.

The above code did not change anything. I also read about global settings which i also changed with no fix.

Isn't there support for remotes in XBMC. I mean the problem is common sense really Back button should stop a video and return to the previous screen.

Just wondering. The majority of you on this forum using XBMC are using remotes. And im guessing quite a large number of you are viewing videos as well. Are your back buttons working fine? If not then is there a mod or a work around to enable the back button to work properly.

I have installed the mceremote add on but that doesn't seem to solve the issue either.

Any feedback would be really appreciated.
Sorry guys. I did not read the sticky. I guess im too frustrated with this issue that my brain did not work. I will try the tutorials first.

Apologies.
See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi..._with_XBMC. From your description I'd guess your remote is an eHome/RC compatible, in which case see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...in_Windows as well.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC - Remote Back Button Issue0