XBMC 10.1 Released
Ubuntu just updated XBMC to 10.1. Do we have a list of changes? It's working pretty good for me so far.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/compare/10....0.1-Dharma

There'll be a post on the homepage as soon as Live is verified working.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Reviewed the list, didn't see the karaoke delay fix?
Thank you XBMC Team. Some little things not committed to 10.1 tag but anyways. Great job. I feel we will see more bug fix releases in future Smile (I mean for 11.0 or so) Because github is helps a lot for development process. I think you did it great job about changing github.
The policy for 10.1 (and all similar fix releases) is that this is a stable-stable. No breakage is allowed at all, so we try and ensure that anything we touch is as isolated as it can be and is important enough to go in (as experience tells us that even seemingly benign fixes can cause other unanticipated problems).

Thus, not everything gets included, and trust me, there's a lot of things I and other devs would have liked to have snuck in there!

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Just tried to launch the upgrade to 10.1 in linux and got the following errors:

Code:
W:  Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc-svn/ppa/ubuntu/pool/main/x/xbmc/xbmc-
standalone_11.0~ppa1~lucid_all.deb
  404 Not Found

Is the server down?
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
I updated my second HTPC about 30 mins before your post, try again now ...
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
I'm not home now so apologies if it's easy to find out... I'm on the Windows version - what's the quickest way to see the version I'm on - and how do you upgrade it? Is it 'just' a re-install.
How often is xbmc updated - fairly regularly of every month or two? I see mention of 'nightlys' - are they really that often - albeit in some sort of beta form?
I changed my actual xbmc.exe to one from here - that actually allows xbmc to output to hdmi and optical simultaneously. If I was to upgrade would I lose that - or, if so, could I copy it back again. Or would it need to be re-compiled by the clever so and so who created it? Smile
sjw1 Wrote:I'm not home now so apologies if it's easy to find out... I'm on the Windows version - what's the quickest way to see the version I'm on - and how do you upgrade it? Is it 'just' a re-install.
How often is xbmc updated - fairly regularly of every month or two? I see mention of 'nightlys' - are they really that often - albeit in some sort of beta form?
I changed my actual xbmc.exe to one from here - that actually allows xbmc to output to hdmi and optical simultaneously. If I was to upgrade would I lose that - or, if so, could I copy it back again. Or would it need to be re-compiled by the clever so and so who created it? Smile

That's awesome! Where's the thread for that one!?
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

It saves so much time and hassle switching the amp etc. on just to watch TV eps etc..
Got it from here.
You simply replace the exe with the one from the first post and then select the appropriate sources. Took a couple of trial and error changes in the audio settings but it works superbly!! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 10.1 Released0