Videos Stop Playing After A Few Minutes (Apple TV 2)
I recently jailbroke an Apple TV 2 (Firmware 4.1.1) I installed XBMC using NitoTV. I was able to add media folders from my PC and Laptop using SMB. The videos play fine, but after 3-5 minutes the video stops and the screen returns to the Apple TV Main Menu. I rebooted the Apple TV, but the same thing happened. I tried five different files, each multiples times, all stopped playing 3-5 minutes in. I am running Windows Vista on my PC and laptop. I tried googling for a solution, but can't seem to find anything. Any help would be appreciated!
YamahaSC Wrote:I recently jailbroke an Apple TV 2 (Firmware 4.1.1) I installed XBMC using NitoTV. I was able to add media folders from my PC and Laptop using SMB. The videos play fine, but after 3-5 minutes the video stops and the screen returns to the Apple TV Main Menu. I rebooted the Apple TV, but the same thing happened. I tried five different files, each multiples times, all stopped playing 3-5 minutes in. I am running Windows Vista on my PC and laptop. I tried googling for a solution, but can't seem to find anything. Any help would be appreciated!

This is the Windows Support, To Inquire about the Apple TV Problems, please post there.
YamahaSC Wrote:I recently jailbroke an Apple TV 2 (Firmware 4.1.1) I installed XBMC using NitoTV. I was able to add media folders from my PC and Laptop using SMB. The videos play fine, but after 3-5 minutes the video stops and the screen returns to the Apple TV Main Menu. I rebooted the Apple TV, but the same thing happened. I tried five different files, each multiples times, all stopped playing 3-5 minutes in. I am running Windows Vista on my PC and laptop. I tried googling for a solution, but can't seem to find anything. Any help would be appreciated!

I'm having the same issue about 2 minutes into any video except sometimes I get a reset back to the Apple TV main menu, and sometimes I get lines across my screen like it is trying to change to a resolution that my 720p tv cannot handle. I am also using NitoTV, maybe it has something to do with that. Have you resolved this? My next attempt will be to try and restore the Apple tv and start over, maybe installing from instructions on this website rather than from the NitoTV menu.
HOLY CRAP, HALLELUJAH, PRAISE JESUS! If you would get into the iOS forum...link above and READ THE FIFTEEN THREADS on this exact same issue....you'd find your answer...Not trying to be ugly...I'm a noob as well..BUT YOU HAVE TO LOOK for the answer first...
updatebegone

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos Stop Playing After A Few Minutes (Apple TV 2)0