Update from nightly to 10.1 official - lost libraries!
Just updated to 10.1 after reading the "all user data will be kept intact" line on the announcement. Loaded it up and I've lost my video and music libraries! I can still see fairly large MyMusic and MyVideos.db files in C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database so is there anything I can do or do I need to re scan everything!? Sad
That's if you upgrade from 10.0 to 10.1.

You went from Nightly to 10.1.

Nightly has a newer version of the database.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Sorted! Back to nightly with an install over the top, all is well again. Thanks, I'll close this off! Nod
Oops. same problem here. What should I exactly do, to have databases back after the instal of 10.1 after using nightlies? Direct X instal didnt helped.
I humbly request that when database structure changes the information is available in a relevant place (in my humble request Trac wouldn't be relevant/visible enough, as one would have to hunt down among hundreds of commits).

Could we know when the change took place? You used to have a stop to the nightlies before an official release, to avoid this kind of things, didn't you?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
chumaj001 Wrote:Oops. same problem here. What should I exactly do, to have databases back after the instal of 10.1 after using nightlies? Direct X instal didnt helped.

Just re-install the latest nightly release, they will be back then.
Hello

I had the same problem. But there is a solution.

From the functional version, I exported my video db in a file.
Reinstalled 10.1
Deleted the file MyVideos34.db
Imported my backup and a new MyVideo34 was created.

Sorry if my English is not good, blame Google Translate;-)
It says on the download page that nightlies have a different database version that will cause incompatibilities with Dharma. Do we need to add a blink tag?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:It says on the download page that nightlies have a different database version that will cause incompatibilities with Dharma. Do we need to add a blink tag?
Nope. But Dharma was 10.0.

This 10.1 thing is kinda new, one could assume that 10.1 was post Dharma (it is) and thus safe to upgrade to.

Disclaimer: I have not the problem described here. I'm just talking out of kindness towards other users Big Grin
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
I'll change the "Dharma" to 10.0 or 10.1 to be explicit.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:It says on the download page that nightlies have a different database version that will cause incompatibilities with Dharma. Do we need to add a blink tag?
Oops, I missed that when installing a nightly build.

I have bookmarked http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/ and didn't see the message. It would have been great to get that kind of information during the XBMC Setup process.

Anyway, the nightlies works great for now. And the library will be compatable with official builds in the future, right?
So, what's the difference between 10.1 and the nightlies in respect of library databases?
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
One is at version 46, the other is down at version 42 still I believe. i.e. 4 different things have been changed/added.

So, 10.1 is at version 46?
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
No, Both stable releases (10 and 10.1) have old database. Night builds starting from 9.3. comes with new one.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update from nightly to 10.1 official - lost libraries!0