[SOLVED] [ATV2] From today (03/10/2011) xbmc crash after 5 minuts...
Sorry for my english, i'm an italian boy that hate google translator.

I don't read anything about it in the forum so i writhe here. From today, xbmc on my Apple tv 4.2.1 crash after 5 minutes. In the first attempt i thought it is for the codec of the avi that i play, but after i noted that it crash also in the main screen and with an mkv.

So i thought that xbmc crash for the upgrade for the firmware 4.3. I disconnect the internet cable from the router and... it work perfectly. In fact if you leave the apple tv in the dash for 5 minutes it ask for the upgrade. I don't read in the preference of the apple tv nothing about the possibility to put off the request of upgrade.

So, if it's only a my problem or it is a double post please close, if not every people that have a more friendly solution post here...
The solution is simple:

# apt-get install com.nito.updatebegone

Restart the apple TV.

See: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96572
bradlay Wrote:The solution is simple:

# apt-get install com.nito.updatebegone

Restart the apple TV.

See: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96572

However some report that this doesn't solve the update notice via your provided link.

There is a sticky at the top of this specific forum.

I edited the hosts file and no problems for me since 4.3 update prompts on March 09, 2011.
PHP Code:
127.0.0.1 appldnld.apple.com
127.0.0.1 mesu
.apple.com
127.0.0.1 appldnld
.apple.com.edgesuite.net[hit enter for carriage return to leave a blank line and save your hosts file]
[
this line must be a blank line

@marcomanni -
Quote:XBMC-FORUM RULES (you must READ these and FOLLOW them when posting)!
The 10 commandments, thou shall make the effort to follow these sacrifices before posting:

1. Fully read the FAQ, both the questions and the answers, (and follow all the guidelines)!
2. Do your best to search and read the online-wiki-manual, (it can help in most situations)!
3. Search all forums from the beginning!
4. Re-read and follow the FAQ before reporting any bugs!, provide all details/information!
5. Respect that only one issue/subject per thread is allowed! Again, search for existing first!
6. Don't report more than one bug or one request per topic! Again, search for existing first!
7. Don't discuss (or link to any) pirated, shared movies, music, pictures, retail software, etc!
8. Don't ask for or link to any illegal (or 'gray') copies of copyrighted materials in any form!
9. Don't ask how to get or copy/backup games, videos, music, (even if you own the original)!
10. Don't ask for or link to Xbox binaries or executables compiled with MS Xbox SDK (XDK)!

Failure to follow any of the above rules will give you one or more official warnings! (If thou sin three times you will get banned from the paradise that is our forums!)

Note!
Team-XBMC and XBMC project websites don't host/distribute any XDK compiled binaries!
Team-XBMC and XBMC project only host/distribute and maintain the XBMC source code.
Team-XBMC is totally opposed to any form of piracy, read and understand our disclaimer!

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin-board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin-board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin-board.
how do I edit the host file?
Activateav Wrote:how do I edit the host file?

Read the sticky....
had enough of this shite... moving to off topic and closing

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] [ATV2] From today (03/10/2011) xbmc crash after 5 minuts...0