[MAC] "XBMC quit unexpectedly" on boot
I use XBMC with two user profiles on the same Mac using symlinks for the configuration files. Normally this works totally fine, but recently XBMC won't start on the main account (where the config files are actually stored.) Secondary account still works fine. I've checked the file permissions to make sure both accounts have access.

OSX Version: 10.6.6
Platform: iMac
Install Method: dmg
Crashreporter log: http://pastebin.com/2YrHVn60
Nobody has any ideas? I've tried installing a new .app and I've double-checked permissions, but I'm still running into trouble on the one account.
0 com.teamxbmc.xbmc 0x0020250e XFILE::CFile::Write(void const*, long long) + 30
1 com.teamxbmc.xbmc 0x005a1fb7 CLog::Log(int, char const*, ...) + 839

Is xbmc still running under the other account ?
davilla Wrote:Is xbmc still running under the other account ?

It shouldn't be--I'm logging out, but maybe OS X is leaving some background process sitting around. I'll do a full shutdown and log into the main account then get back to you.

Edit: Nope. No good. Still crashes immediately after a fresh boot.

Thanks for your attention though, davilla.
it's trying to move the old to xbmc.old.log, maybe check permissions on them, nuke both out, etc.
Ahah! That did it; I trashed the log files and it's working on both profiles again. I even switched back and forth a couple times for good measure.

Still no idea how it could have happened, but I'm glad that it's fixed and now I have another trick to try when XBMC decides to act up again.

Thanks a ton!
Well,
I only have one account. I trashed all XBMC including system files I could find in Spotlight, Emptied Trash, re-downloaded XBMC 11.0 Eden, and it still crashes on open in my PowerBook G4 10.5 Sad
By the way: it worked like a charm for some 10 hours before.
help....?
no logs, no soups.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] "XBMC quit unexpectedly" on boot0