[Live] Non-AC3 Audio Problems
After many re-installs trying to get different things working (standby still not working), I've got a pretty stable install. Just noticed a problem today - not sure if it's been around since the install or if it was broken since.

Music has no audio output. After changing some settings, I now get "failed to initialize audio device". Movies work fine if there is an AC3 stream to play. A couple of my mkv's have two streams, and if the first isn't the AC3 stream there is no audio until I change it.

I checked alsamixer and everything looks right there, but not exactly sure what I'm looking for. I'm using S/PDIF output from the PC to my Sony Receiver.

Any ideas?
Funny, I just tried Live for the first time last night. I have the exact opposite problem. (2.0 plays fine... 5.1 AC3 gives me the same error you are seeing).
Whats funny is when I ran live analog didn't work but digital output worked perfect. I later installed XBMC on Ubuntu but I didn't like it so I now run XBMC over Fedora (although I'm still having issues).
Ok I've had a similar problem and it may sound bizarre but if you hear sound as you are scrolling through the XBMC menus go into the system/appearance/ and look for "navigation sounds" and switch to off and see if that fixes the problem.

cheers,
Caudata

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Live] Non-AC3 Audio Problems0