• 7(current)
[WIP] Formula 1 Content
Sad 
F1 on sky & the bbc from next year Angry

Half the races etc will still be on the bbc but all will feature on sky sports, im not impressed, monopoly comes to mind!
Regarding posters for Germany and beyond, I stopped making custom thumbs once I found the excellent posters linked earlier...

http://cargocollective.com/PJTierney#115...ter-Series

I've been using previews from http://www.vivaf1.com

Quote:There's barely time to take a breath after Germany's entertaining race as the teams head straight to Budapest for the final installment before Formula One takes its annual summer-break: The Hungarian Grand Prix. Fourth place in his home race cut Sebastian Vettel's lead in the World Championship, but only by three points. Therefore, he still finds himself 77 points to the good but with both McLaren and Ferrari looking resurgent in the last two races, his rivals will be hoping to make further in-roads. After dominating the majority of the season so far, Red Bull suddenly find themselves on the back foot. The cool temperatures in Germany should have favoured the Austrian outfit and yet they barely clinched pole (Vettel relegated from the front row for the first time this year) and finished behind the McLaren and Ferrari of Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso. With higher temperatures expected in Hungary, they'll both be out to really shake Red Bull's dominance and McLaren will take particular confidence from Hamilton's pace around the low speed corners of the Nurburgring's first sector.
Just wanted to say thanks to hobbie7,Juanflaco & everyone else that made this thread great. Ive made the last few missing backgrounds, from hobbie7 maps and juanflaco layout (hope you don't mind) there not nearly as pretty but i didn't have long. Hope this helps someone
download
Did anybody ever put together the info for the rest of the races after Canada?
Not spamming this thread , just wanted to give you another forum for your work. Check out the new group dedicated to fans of sports and sports entertainment. If you haven't already recieved an invite please join, the more the merrier. Look forward to hearing from you all. http://forum.xbmc.org/group.php?groupid=33
peterflaherty Wrote:Just wanted to say thanks to hobbie7,Juanflaco & everyone else that made this thread great. Ive made the last few missing backgrounds, from hobbie7 maps and juanflaco layout (hope you don't mind) there not nearly as pretty but i didn't have long. Hope this helps someone
download

Thanks for picking it up and running with it. I really ran out of steam but am very much interested in putting together a more comprehensive package before next season with thumbs for practice and qualifying, as well as the full race and highlights.

Side note: this was my first season really watching F1 and I managed to get the wife into it as well, to the point where she wants to make a trip to Austin for the U.S. GP Big Grin
ralts Wrote:Here is an example of what I spent some time working on...
http://www.mediafire.com/?rwmqhkadw4vg4vw

Ralts, any chance of posting the rest of the seasons images / fanart please?
Here is a list of the countries and providers showing f1 this year.

I'm sure those of us who can't get the F1 this year to to planning restriction, location, finance etc this could be useful...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_For...oadcasters
Hey Folks,

With the streams available in live streams and what not, would anyone be interested in helping me creating an F1 list which will contain all channels that broadcast F1 around the world that we can watch with the volume down and the 5 live audio over the top...
Are the streams any decent quality?

I dont use Sky so will miss seeing it in HD when I catch a race...
t2ffn Wrote:Are the streams any decent quality?

I dont use Sky so will miss seeing it in HD when I catch a race...

Absolutely, Some are of the foreign stations are in HD and are free to air transmissions both on Astra and in their respective territories. Therefore kinda, sorta, not really a breach of rules. If you have a dish and point it toward Astra you get the same channels (which Im sure is legal) so streaming those same free to air channels should be kinda ok or at least a grey area...

We can just 5 live over the top of them and were good to go.

The wiki link I posted has about 20 channels providing f1 coverage, if we collect streams for them all, pop them in an XML sorted into F1, everyone can use it and if one goes down, there will be plenty other feeds/channels to choose from Smile

As F1 give everyone the same feed (FOM world feed) it doesn't matter what channel you watch it on, only what you hear. Sky get the same feed as all the rest of the world... It's 1 feed that Bernie produces and then sells access to tht feed to multiple Terretories. They all get the same thing!

However some providers still have access until 2015 (like RTL I think) so we can technically pick it up from these locations instead of sky.

I can't get virgin (not in my area) I can't get sky (due to location/listing of apartment) and other than that there is NO other way for me to get it legally? So I'm either buying a dish for £25 and pointing it at the Astra satellite, or stream from these free view stations in other European territories.
Big Grin 
PatrickBateman Wrote:Hey Folks,

With the streams available in live streams and what not, would anyone be interested in helping me creating an F1 list which will contain all channels that broadcast F1 around the world that we can watch with the volume down and the 5 live audio over the top...

Yes, absolutely! Big Grin

I just found this thread, but am an avid XBMC user and huge F1 fan. I've just seen how to integrate seasons with the library and have some ideas how to automate the NFO creation, sort of like a scraper. Has this already been done? If not, I will share my script when it's done. Wink

F1 + XBMC! Big Grin Big Grin
xak944 Wrote:Yes, absolutely! Big Grin

I just found this thread, but am an avid XBMC user and huge F1 fan. I've just seen how to integrate seasons with the library and have some ideas how to automate the NFO creation, sort of like a scraper. Has this already been done? If not, I will share my script when it's done. Wink

F1 + XBMC! Big Grin Big Grin

Hey, anything that makes my life easier is welcome!

Hoobie7Nod
Agreed...

Anything that allows us to add seasons, Nfos etc easier is a totally welcome. I look forward to your release.

I'm trying to find out channels that have the practice sessions etc, then the races etc, and what times etc, and in what country etc, to be able to allow us to watch all sessions even if that means watching a Russian stream for p1, Spanish for p2, German for p3, Turkish for qually and god knows where for the race Laugh

As this is such a PITA I'll hopefully get some folks to help create a tv guide for f1 so we will know exactly what channel to select at what time...

I effin well hate the beeb for this... I really do. Having to resort to this is insane! I can't get sky or Virgin in my location so I'm just left to do without? No option for those who can't get access is a tad offensive IMO, especially as I happily pay my licence and all I watch on beeb is F1.. At least let me reduce my licence fee and/or offer an online stream that is chargeable for those in areas of no sky/virgin coverage.
The sooner the Beeb dumps F1 totally, the better. Utter waste of money imho - if you want to give even more cash individually to that hideous little Ecclestone man, then that's up to you.

Just how many people actually watch it on TV?

Even more ridiculous is broadcasting cars speeding around in a circle on radio! I'd rather listen to a broadcast of paint drying.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Formula 1 Content2