is thetvdb.com down?
jmarshall Wrote:Show us a debug log. Obviously you should wait around 10 minutes or so.

Thanks! The next time it happens, I'll capture the log.
richardk Wrote:Thanks! The next time it happens, I'll capture the log.

Thetvdb.com was down today, and this caused XBMC to hang again. The debug log is at http://pastebin.com/UX9bfSsf

Hope this helps! Let me know if you need any additional info.
Down for me too. Don't need a debug log because I get an error in a web browser too.

It's not just you! http://thetvdb.com looks down from here.
Check another site?
toddwv Wrote:Down for me too. Don't need a debug log because I get an error in a web browser too.

It's not just you! http://thetvdb.com looks down from here.
Check another site?

Yes, I know the site is down.

But why does XBMC completely hang and become unusable whenever it can't reach this site? It should just time out and continue working.
@richardk: It appears the lookup failed (after 30 seconds) after which it threw up the Yes/No dialog asking whether you want to continue or not.

Did you get the dialog?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:@richardk: It appears the lookup failed (after 30 seconds) after which it threw up the Yes/No dialog asking whether you want to continue or not.

Did you get the dialog?

Cheers,
Jonathan

This time I did not get the dialog. XBMC just locked up.

Usually, I do get the dialog, but XBMC locks up then also. I cannot respond to the Yes/No dialog box.
richardk Wrote:This time I did not get the dialog. XBMC just locked up.

Usually, I do get the dialog, but XBMC locks up then also. I cannot respond to the Yes/No dialog box.

I'm experiencing the XBMC freeze once again today, as thetvdb.com seems to be down.

Does anyone know of a workaround?
Hi,

richardk Wrote:I'm experiencing the XBMC freeze once again today, as thetvdb.com seems to be down.

Does anyone know of a workaround?

actually i also cannot reach the domain...
If the side is down the scraper cannot work so you have to wait until the page can be accessed again.

Greetz X23
x23piracy Wrote:Hi,

actually i also cannot reach the domain...
If the side is down the scraper cannot work so you have to wait until the page can be accessed again.

Greetz X23

I wish XBMC would time out when it can't access this site, instead of locking up tight. Am I the only one experiencing that symptom?

As soon as it comes back, I'm going to remove the MythTV sources that are causing thetvdb.com lookups. I've switched to using the MythBox script, so I no longer need them. (I was keeping them in case of problems with the new MythBox version, but it works flawlessly.)
Hi,

richardk Wrote:I wish XBMC would time out when it can't access this site, instead of locking up tight. Am I the only one experiencing that symptom?

it's timed out after a timeout of 60, 90 or 120 seconds it tells you that i cannot reach the source and ask you to continue or not!
Everyone had that symptom because the website was down.

Anyway thetvdb.com is up again.

You should ask for a option in the right thread to stop trying to scrape after x retries and a silent mode.

Greetz X23
x23piracy Wrote:Hi,

it's timed out after a timeout of 60, 90 or 120 seconds it tells you that i cannot reach the source and ask you to continue or not!
Everyone had that symptom because the website was down.

I usually don't get the timeout message with the option to continue. Even if I do, I can't respond to it, since XBMC is locked up tight.

I've waited much longer than 120 seconds, and it's still frozen.

I'm running on Ubuntu, if that makes a difference.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
is thetvdb.com down?0