Startup in windows goes back to desktop ?
i set Xbmc in my startupfolder in my start menu but when windows starts it first goes to xbmc , than back to desktop and stays there ... any tips ?
You have to set startup delay to xbmc.
HansP Wrote:i set Xbmc in my startupfolder in my start menu but when windows starts it first goes to xbmc , than back to desktop and stays there ... any tips ?

By default XBMC uses a DirectX mode that is fast, but that won't share the display with any other app, and if another app gets the focus it forces XBMC to minimise.

In your case the problem is likely to be apps starting and appearing in the tray. If they're slower to start than XBMC they may grab the focus when they start and force XBMC to minimise.

The usual way to get round this is to go into the properties for the XBMC icon in the Startup folder and add the argument -d nnn to the target i.e. the target could be:

"C:\program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe" -d 10

The number tells XBMC to wait for (in this example) 10 seconds before starting. This gives time for all the other apps to finish their startup. You may need to increase or decrease the number. Try it and see.

You might want to look at what other apps are starting, and maybe uninstall them or configure them not to show a tray icon.

JR
Try setting your system settings to "use full screen window rather than full screen"

This sorted the problem out for me.
getafix Wrote:Try setting your system settings to "use full screen window rather than full screen"

This will fix the problem, because the "full screen window" mode will share the display so XBMC doesn't get forced to minimise. However "full screen window" mode is substantially slower than true fullscreen, and depending on your hardware you may notice the performance hit. A typical symptom is image tearing.

JR
i tried both but 10secs is not enough it seems Confused
HansP Wrote:i tried both but 10secs is not enough it seems Confused

Have a look at what else is running on startup. On my Windows XP HTPC I don't need any delay, but the PC is only used for XBMC so nothing else runs at startup.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Startup in windows goes back to desktop ?0