interactive calendar request
Hi There,
Firstly let me say I love the xbmc project it's awesome. What I'm looking for mainly is to know if what I want to request is firstly possible and secondly something other users would find useful.
Like everyone I'm a busy guy, I like to keep schedules and time things as much as possible so that I can watch more things on my xbmc in my free time hehe.
Now it would be great to get my google calendar on xbmc to see what I have planned for the day but to me that's only half of what I'd like to be able to do. I'd also like to create an event while I'm out or in the future say; to record something or to launch something or to play something (the girlfriend might want to hear some music or watch something while cooking my dinner haha!) I want to be able to do this as well as view the calendars I already have syncing to my other devices.
I have a server at home that runs horde and I'm wondering if it's possible to somehow do this and some way work it into the mythtv front end so it can be used to queue tv recordings also.
Ultimately it be awesome to be able to overlay a tv guide over the calendar so you could see what playing when etc and even further more populate local cinema listings into the same calendar (well now it's a 3D calendar using the kinect to pull the information out of the day cube that's layered with in it.)
Now obviously I'm looking way into the future but does any of this sound plausible.
Look forward to the discussion
I agree, that some sort of calendar support would be nice, but I honestly doubt it that the devs will consider it into xbmc core.

Perhabs they would accept to extend the addon system to allow some sort of calendar addons. We just introduce a new calendar_dialog.xml to the skins and fills in all calendar entries from the db. Then XBMC can call some sort of update function on the calendar addons who get the calendar entries, that are then put into the db. Why using a db? If you only call the calendar addons when opening the calendar dialog might be a bit slow and it would be impossible to inform the user of upcoming events like "Hey, you have a doctors appointement in 10 minutes" (because xbmc has no knowledge of them).

Calendar addons I could think of are (basicly the same as iluciv's ideas, but put into different addons):
- Google Calendar/Outlook Calendar importer/...
- MythTV Recording Calendar (displays what will be recorded and when)
- Favourite TV reminder (adds the airtime of your favourite tv shows to the calendar)
- TV shedule calendar (adds whats on the tv to the calendar. Although this might get a bit overwhelming in a calendar view? The plugin should probably let you select a timeframe (or do you rly want to know whats on the tv at 04:00 am?) and the channels (you don't rly know the shedule of some shopping channel)
- Cinema listing

I have a few questions to your suggestion:
Quote:I'd also like to create an event while I'm out or in the future say; to record something or to launch something or to play something (the girlfriend might want to hear some music or watch something while cooking my dinner haha!)
You're talking about adding new entries to the calendar from XBMC right? If so, the addons should specify if it is possible (makes no sense to add an "Favourite TV reminder" date by yourself?!?) and they should also handling the logic of saving it (e.g. passing it to google calendar). Or do you mean just adding a new entry to the xbmc internal calendar without populating them to google calendar or other backends?

I don't get why the calendar is involved when your girlfriend wants to listen to music while cooking?!? could you explain that?
I guess you mean: I create an special entry to the calendar of the type "start playlist xy" and it automatically starts playing romantic music when your gf comes home? this might be possible with some sort of service addon (wich are under development if i'm not mistaken) how could check for specific calendar entries and then start the music.

So basically all that should go to xbmc core, in my opinion, is a new addon extension and the new calendar dialog for skins (perhab some helper stuff for adding new entries or so).

lg
Fice
have you seen calendar script?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
interactive calendar request0