Tried all Current solution for Crashing issues...help
Ok I have atv2 jailbroken on 4.2.1(4.1.1) with greenPosi0n. Bluecop.zip installed. Hulu, cartoon network, Adult swim installed.

having major issue with crashing after a few minutes of playback.

Did all the current fixes to solve this problem.

Update be gone
Removing command line
hard connection to the internet
debugging on/off
and the list goes on.

Some of the add-on channels will work sometimes.

Half of the time they will run for a few minutes freeze and go back to main screen. or just freeze and start up again a few minutes later.

Any help please I would be great-full
Have you tried manually updating your hosts file?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96685
yes just tried this and still either not playing at all or stopping (crashing) and going back to main apple screen

seems like its taking directories longer to load as well
also i would like to add.

Im still getting the same issue

On hulu i get playback failed
One or more items failed to play

This is normal on hulu for me
maybe xbmc.log with debug enabled or the crashreporter log (if crashing) or syslog.
http://pastebin.com/BHTqp9ds

New to this kind of posting so if it doesnt work let me know thanks
If it were me I would do a factory restore through iTunes (use Tinyumbrella to get your 4.2.1 shsh blobs first), rejailbreak with greenpoison and reinstall xbmc, hold off on plugins, addons and skins, install them 1 at a time so you can be certain things are stable before you move to the next item.
losramprat Wrote:Ok I have atv2 jailbroken on 4.2.1(4.1.1) with greenPosi0n. Bluecop.zip installed. Hulu, cartoon network, Adult swim installed.

having major issue with crashing after a few minutes of playback.

Did all the current fixes to solve this problem.

Update be gone
Removing command line
hard connection to the internet
debugging on/off
and the list goes on.

Some of the add-on channels will work sometimes.

Half of the time they will run for a few minutes freeze and go back to main screen. or just freeze and start up again a few minutes later.

Any help please I would be great-full

Before updating begone, did you update nito or whatever it's called on the main frontrow screen. None of the fixes worked for me because I hadn't done that first. May have been coincidence, but you never know.
yup tried it
A friend is in the same situation (ios 4.21). It will be interesting to see if there is a fix without re-jailbreaking.

Could someone clarify this- so I use tinyumbrella as a precaution but will Greenpois0n automatically reinstall ios 4.21 or do I have to use the shsh blobs.
losramprat Wrote:http://pastebin.com/BHTqp9ds

New to this kind of posting so if it doesnt work let me know thanks

hey man..
?
how the heck were you able to post your debug log to pastbin?
XBMC RULES!!!!!!!
I have the same crash problem. My ATV2 crashes after 4 Minutes. I play videodata from my NAS. Eben when ATV2 is on pause (in still-playback)... then after 4 minutes it crashes.
apit Wrote:I have the same crash problem. My ATV2 crashes after 4 Minutes. I play videodata from my NAS. Eben when ATV2 is on pause (in still-playback)... then after 4 minutes it crashes.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96685
Bump with some update -

Upgraded to 4.3, downgraded back to 4.2.1 and re-jailbroke it, reinstalled nito, updated it. Then did XBMC, updatebegone, and then installed bluecop. Just tried Hulu first, didn't work, same problem. Then did Adult swim (seperate install), would play again with pauses mid play and not letting rewind into the paused gap (would pause for 10-30sec, skip ahead that amount of time and not be able to rewind into that missed portion).

Hulu wont even open a video, continues saying playback failed and SMIL error. Any ideas or thoughts? Been trying at this for awhile now and it's still not working =(
Library scanning / scraping can cause xbmc to crash and/or the scraper itself to crash. Turn off 'Generate Thumbnails' under Settings > File Types.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tried all Current solution for Crashing issues...help0