XBMC color space 16-235 or 0-255 ?
Hello everyone,

Can you tell me if XBMC is managing the color space in 16-235?

Compared to my media player like the Mac PopCorn is darker ...

In fact when I use this little program it no longer seems to be a problem :
http://michelf.com.nyud.net/projects/black-light/

Do you think XBMC can handle it now?

Thank you.
By default XBMC outputs full range RGB. There are settings available (contrast, brightness) to push this to 16-235 (which really only makes sense for a YUV range) for those graphics cards that don't output the appropriate range (or TVs that assume one range when the other is sent) etc.

There's information on the forums here as to appropriate values to get the equivalent of 16/235.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

OK understood.
It is useful to have the 16-235 and I'll do some research on the forum.

Thank you.
Good info to know! Been meaning to run quick cal again. Helps knowing what color space is being outputted.
Note that the more important step is likely what your graphics card is actually spitting out, and what your TV is interpreting that as.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Most decent cards will let you select the color space hence it's good knowing what XBMC uses.
Yes absolutely.
But on a Macintosh Apple does not provide any tools to change the colorspace. And that's a shame. Fortunately we have the product "black light ".

Most decent cards Will let you select The Color space hence it's good Knowing What XBMC uses.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC color space 16-235 or 0-255 ?0