[WINDOWS] Custom RegEx and VideoInfoScanner / <episodeguide> error
I'm using XBMC on a windows 7 machine, with the Cirrus skin, but I'm fairly certain my query is platform & skin independent. Some people have had similar issues trying to add homes movies to their libraries and I read a couple of threads on that but couldn't find an answer.

Short Description:
XBMC is trying to scrape remote data for my files, even though local (apparently valid) NFO files exist. When it's unable to do so, it does not add the files to the library.

Long Description:

I am using a custom regex query in the advancedsettings.xml file to try and add workout DVDs to my library. I have created NFO files by copying valid XBMC files from one of my TV series and manually editing the values.

My log shows that the advancedsettings.xml file is being loaded and the VideoInfoScanner is successfully finding the files according to my log:

DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match g:\workouts\workout 33.m4v (s1e33) [[\._ \-]()([0-9]+)(-[0-9]+)?]

but it then throws up this error, which is my problem:

ERROR: VideoInfoScanner: Asked to lookup episode g:\workouts\workout 33.m4v online, but we have no episode guide. Check your tvshow.nfo and make sure the <episodeguide> tag is in place.

My tvshow.nfo (which was also copied and pasted from a valid series) does not have this tag, and I could add it, but I'm not sure it would achieve anything as these files don't exist in the tvDB and never will, and the local NFOs exist and appear valid so it shouldn't be scraping anyway.

I just want XBMC to pull the data from the local NFO file and then add it to the library... I don't want it to attempt to scrape any data from an alternate source.

I've tried setting the directory to not use any scraper, but obviously then it just refuses to add the items to the library.

I had read that XBMC only tries to scrape if there is no local NFO file... can anyone suggest what I need to look for to troubleshoot this further?
Quick temporary fix... if I place a single correctly named file into the directory, for example:

Workout - S00E01 - Dummy File.m4v

then XBMC will pull in everything in the directory into the library... so I can get around it for the time being... but I'm still keen to work out exactly why it's not working... happy to post more detailed NFOs or Log files if that's helpful.
Most strange. There should be no need for <episodeguide> if you have local nfo's - it's certainly bizarre that adding a file would make any difference at all.

I wonder whether you can cut it down to a simple reproducible case, zip up the filesystem and post it so that others can play? Feel free to create a trac ticket (assuming you can reproduce ofcourse) and cc myself and vdrfan.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi Jonathon,

Thanks for the offer to troubleshoot... it's most appreciated but I think I'll just rename my files to something standard. It'll be a pain to browse them on my iPod, but I agree with the intent of the "stop the madness" thread and I don't want to be wrestling with something and wasting peoples time on a problem that will disappear if I change the way I name the files.

On a side note, I think it was definitely something to do with my custom regex... I copied and pasted it directly from another thread but I must have screwed something up because it was reading everything in my workout directory, but then only episode 1 of the first TV show (alphabetically), episode 2 of the second tv show , episiode 3 of the third and so on... I deleted the regex and everything went back to normal.

think I'll just K.I.S.S for the time being.
I have found the same problem adding a new season with filenames matching the same pattern than files from season 1.
For some reason it's not scraping but just returning in the log
Quote:online, but we have no episode guide. Check your tvshow.nfo and make sure the <episodeguide> tag is in place

I have a tvshow.nfo as exported by XBMC. Deleting this file and restarting XBMC didn't seem to make any change. Weird stuff. (XBMC Dharma on Windows 7)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Custom RegEx and VideoInfoScanner / <episodeguide> error0