problem with PVR (ATI Radeon 5450)
Question 
Hi,

I am running ubuntu with XBMC with Live TV function (repository ppa:lars-opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr)
--> yesterdays built.

What does work:

- VDR works using any browser or mediaplayer :
http://127.0.0.1:3000 (everything plays. All the channels work. Just have to click an error away in firefox about a missing plugin. known unsolved error)

This means to me that the satellite card does its work. I can scan for channels and I can watch them.

Radio works..so you would think that audio works, but audio does not work when I watch live TV.

In XBMC I can see the channels and EPG info

What does not work :

If I open a channel in Live TV it does nothing. The whole XBMC gets slow as hell. And now and then I see a flash.

What I tried :

- reinstall ubuntu
- reinstall ubuntu and install the ati drivers manually in stead of using the "additional drivers" option in ubuntu
- reinstall xbmc
- reinstall vdr
- install all the plugins and decoders/encoders that contain the word mpegts, mpeg,transport stream/VDR in the idle hope that it might work

I have a fresh ubuntu backupimage, so I can start over without too much of a hassle...

Can anyone help me with this? Any ideas?

Friendly greetings,
Demesmaeker
Use yaVDR repositories. I'm using them and they work quite well.

h.udo
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Question 
hudo Wrote:Use yaVDR repositories. I'm using them and they work quite well.

h.udo

Thanks for the tip. If I am not mistaken it is not much work to install this.
What commands do I need to enter to get it installed?

Is it this one?
add-apt-repository ppa:yavdr/testing-vdr
or this one?
add-apt-repository ppa:yavdr/stable-vdr

and afterwards?
apt-get install xbmc?

Sorry my Linux knowledge is not sufficient I notice. Too many holes to get the whole picture.

Whilst I hope you can answer, I will put a fresh ubuntu image on my computer, so no older xmbc can interfere with the new one from yaVDR.

/Demesmaeker

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
problem with PVR (ATI Radeon 5450)0