• 47(current)
[WIP] Audio-Matic Automated Music Downloader/Organizer
albaranov Wrote:Hi compcentral,
I fully agree with what the other user said: "First let me say how happy I am that someone has started to take on the total music manager..." I have been reading this forum since the very start and really enjoy all subjects raised and discussed. Hopefully you would be able to develop a useful product for music fans with various interests and preferences.
I'm curious if your application, once finalized, can be used by fans who prefer lossless to MP3 and who do not use torrents. Thanks, Alex

yes that is part of the plan.
Just to let everyone know, I'll be on vacation for a week starting tomorrow, so I doubt I'll get a chance to write any code until I get back... busy time of year for me. I need a little time off. Anyway, I'll try to periodically check this thread, but don't be surprised if it takes me a while to get back to you. Thanks!
Don't worry.... enjoy your time off! Smile

cheers!
Enjoy your vacation, hopefully when you get back you can resolve the issues you are having with the other search providers. nzbmatrix is down again.
I should be back in action tomorrow or maybe the following day depending on how much work I need to do to catch up at my "real" jobs, but I will definitely make that a priority.
Sorry folks, but life has been kicking me in the butt lately and I've been too busy to devote any time to this project recently. There also seems to be more interest in HeadPhones at the moment since it is a cross-platform solution, so now I'm wondering if it's worth the effort to continue this project. What are you thoughts?
Sorry that it is coming down on you hard in the moment - hope that it'll fix itself soon!

I honestly think that headphones is the way to go, because it's platform independent and a little more straight forward. Maybe it is much better if we'll put the effort to headphones and try to develope an independent solution. I think also that the headphones developer is greatful for every help he can get Smile

Anyways: Thank you so far, your project set a milestone for this developement and I really appreciate your hard work.
Thank you, compcentral.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

From what I see of your screenshots, I like your UI alot better with the data it provides. I cant get it to run though because I get an "unable to open the database file" error.
This project is officially on hold until further notice due to lack of interest, lack of time for me to devote to it, and the fact that HeadPhones is now available to do a similar task.

I may revisit this project again if enough people want me to put the time into it. Thanks to all of you that encouraged me to get Audio-Matic this far and to those that put the time into testing.
I for one would love to see you finish this program. I love it and been using and following the development of the program regualy.

Hope you will find the interest and time again so we can see a final release :-)

cheers
cbb
I also love Audio-Matic, thanks a ton for this great work!!! It would be fantastic if you can bring some of your experience / code into headphones once you have more time again.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
I guess I will try and find Headphones if you think it is more worth your time. I will probably hang onto Audio-Matic for a while until you are sure you aren't going to continue. I hope you don't think people weren't interested in your project. We just know that programming takes time, especially free programs that are side projects. I think most of us just wanted to give you space to code without pressure. Thanks again, great job so far.
compcentral Wrote:Sorry folks, but life has been kicking me in the butt lately and I've been too busy to devote any time to this project recently. There also seems to be more interest in HeadPhones at the moment since it is a cross-platform solution, so now I'm wondering if it's worth the effort to continue this project. What are you thoughts?

yes its a shame since this project was looking great. I think however the downfall was not being cross platform from the beginning since you would of received alot more users interested in it etc.. like headphones is getting right now. Overall thanks for all your work and hope you can help with headphones or finish your project since it was looking like a great program.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Hmm... Thanks for the kind words guys. I really did enjoy working on this. When I have more time, maybe I'll consider putting some more time into it. I just really wish there was an easy way to run the .Net apps on non-Windows platforms or there was some way Headphones and Audio-Matic could merge.
prehaps you can share out the source? then maybe others can continue the dev of it? and/or help out headphones since its on git and people can submit mods quite easily on it.
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Audio-Matic Automated Music Downloader/Organizer3