Adding A Mac Source
I have XBMC running on my new MacBook Pro. I want to add my iMac as a source. I have a few folders that I'm sharing via SMB on the iMac. However, I cannot see them in XBMC. This used to work when I had XBMC running on an old first generation Xbox. Any ideas? Thanks!
If you haven't done this already, you will have to first "add source"-->Browse-->"add network location..". This will show all the Mac SMB locations that are available. Add the iMac SMB location and then go back to "add source" and the iMac will show up in the selectable list. Hope this helps.
winestock Wrote:If you haven't done this already, you will have to first "add source"-->Browse-->"add network location..". This will show all the Mac SMB locations that are available. Add the iMac SMB location and then go back to "add source" and the iMac will show up in the selectable list. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. I tried that and nothing shows up but they show up for other devices on my network, just not in XBMC. The iMac does not show up nor my SMB shares on it. I remember my old XBOX worked great with this. Not sure what else to try.
When adding the sourse I always add it as a winows share towards the bottom of the list.
garyi Wrote:When adding the sourse I always add it as a winows share towards the bottom of the list.

I tried that, too. This is so frustrating. I also installed XBMC on my iMac and tried pointing to SMB folders on my MacBook Pro. Same problem...nothing shows up. I have a new firewall. I wonder if SMB sharing or some network thing is being blocked...hmmm.

EDIT: I mean new wireless router.This one to be exact:

http://www.netgear.com/home/products/wir...R2000.aspx
Has to be something with my network. I tried XBMC at work and it worked perfectly. I have a very common wireless router. I just don't get it. Hopefully someone else can help out. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding A Mac Source0