Stuttering hidef playback on ION
I've got an Asrock 330-ION system with XP that I have been using for XBMC for the past year or so. For a while, using either CAmelot or the early builds of Dharma, I was able to select the VDPAU and doing so enabled me to view mkv files without stutter/jitter. I have read the threads that discuss the hardware acceleration only works on Vista and Win7, however I am using XP.

I have updated to 10.1, and updated my intel graphics drivers and I still have the issue. So, two things

1) Am I misremembering that I had an option before to use the hardware acceleration?
2) Are there any solutions for my situation now, without upgrading to Win7?

Can provide any logs if required, but I figure this is a standard issue that people are having it shouldn't be necessary. My Render method is set to Software, but changing it to Pixel or auto doesn't change anything.

Cheers
You can try the old, no longer updated version of XBMC that uses DSPlayer, but otherwise the only way to get hardware acceleration is to use Vista or 7. XP doesn't support DXVA2. Honestly, you're better off just getting a copy of 7 and using that. Or Linux I suppose, but I much prefer Windows.
1) yes
2) no

The Atom CPU in an Asrock 330 might just manage low bitrate 720p without hardware acceleration, but 1080p will be out of the question. The good news is that Windows 7 works very well in ION based systems.

JR
Well, bollox. Since I don't have the coin to buy me a win7 license, I guess I'll just have to keep using SD quality files. Thanks for the feedback.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuttering hidef playback on ION0