New HTPC, any compatibility issues?
I'm planning to create a new HTPC, but there is some unknown issues I need help to answer...

Setup will be:
ASUS E35M1-I DELUXE (APU)
4GB DDR3 ram
250G 2,5' HDD
150W PSU
Antec ISK case

Unknown issues:
1. Does XBMC/Linux supports the new AMD APUs?
2. I need a TV tuner card, to record Live TV with, simulitanous with watching another program (dual). Which TV tuner card is supported by XBMC (and Linux)?
3. Does XBMC support Live TV yet?
grmihel2 Wrote:I'm planning to create a new HTPC, but there is some unknown issues I need help to answer...

Setup will be:
ASUS E35M1-I DELUXE (APU)
4GB DDR3 ram
250G 2,5' HDD
150W PSU
Antec ISK case

Unknown issues:
1. Does XBMC/Linux supports the new AMD APUs?
2. I need a TV tuner card, to record Live TV with, simulitanous with watching another program (dual). Which TV tuner card is supported by XBMC (and Linux)?
3. Does XBMC support Live TV yet?

Amd is supported by Xbmc live but the ATI display drivers are not but 2 guys here managed to get it working so maybe u can ask Nemek how he did it , enough info to find here about it !
i ( as a complete noob ) managed to load ubuntu 10.10 with the ati drivers and got xbmc working smooth but there was a problem for me to use the optical out of the soundcard
Which Tuner card would you guys suggest?

I have so far looked at following:
Digital Devices DuoFlex CT Dual DVB-C/DVB-T PCIe
Compro Vista E900F

By now I know that my demands to the signal is Cable (DVB-C), so let me hear your experience for a well used TV tuner card that you can suggest, and that are supported with linux systems like XBMC.
im repeating myself again,
you wanna avoid HeadAches and issues?
Yes? then, Dont mix XBMC Live with ATI....
Go the safe route, and get an NVIDIA GPU...
I think everyone should just adopt part of my sig. Hell I still think it should be a sticky.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
darkscout Wrote:I think everyone should just adopt part of my sig. Hell I still think it should be a sticky.

+1
Hmmm... I see.... But since the new APU (which sadly enough adopt ATI graphic), it might be better supported in the future?
I would be very sad about forced to using Win-crap for my HTPC, but on the other hand, it would be near as sad to miss the features that the new technology give you, just because you want to use linux.... I really hope that there is some plans to make ATI support better... And I didn't plan to use the XBMC Live version, but XBMC on a Ubuntu minimal stand-alone. My question was regarding to XBMC supporting Live television or not (Cable TV through your XBMC).

But anyways, back to my QUESTION....
Quote:Which Tuner card would you guys suggest?

I have so far looked at following:
Digital Devices DuoFlex CT Dual DVB-C/DVB-T PCIe
Compro Vista E900F

By now I know that my demands to the signal is Cable (DVB-C), so let me hear your experience for a well used TV tuner card that you can suggest, and that are supported with linux systems like XBMC.
darkscout Wrote:I think everyone should just adopt part of my sig. Hell I still think it should be a sticky.

working 1080P smoothly here with ATI Wink
sound is fixed and all works in linux ^^
thx to nemek and wikipedia :d
grmihel2 Wrote:2. I need a TV tuner card, to record Live TV with, simulitanous with watching another program (dual). Which TV tuner card is supported by XBMC (and Linux)?

Are you trying to use it with digital cable? In that case its too hard to be worth doing.

If you are trying to record TV off your antenna a HDhomerun will do.

Quote:3. Does XBMC support Live TV yet?

Nope. There is a Live TV branch that you can use, but an official "stable" release seems to be at least a year away.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HTPC, any compatibility issues?0