Harmony 900 RF Support with XBMC?
Hello,

I'm in the market for a new remote. After looking through plenty of threads here and numerous reviews online the harmony one seems like a nice choice, but the idea of RF support in the 900 interests me. Has anyone had success configuring a Harmony 900 and taking advantage of the RF capabilities of the remote?

I'm under the impression that if I buy one of those HP IR receivers I can get the 900 to function using IR, but it defeats the purpose of having RF functionality really and I might as well get a Harmony One like many of the users on this board. I would love to hear your opinion on the subject, thanks in advanced!
Keep it simple (plus save money). Grab the Harmony One with HP IR receiver.

Guaranteed to work without headache. Nod
Agreed, get the One. Besides, you'd need RF to IR devices for any other device you want to use with the remote (since I've seen very few devices that have RF capability), so you may as well get something that's going to work to begin with.
With the Harmony 900 and RF you'll still need a IR receiver for your client. The Harmony (as well as all other RF remotes) communicates via RF with the remote's base station. The base station then outputs IR via a blaster or individual IR emitters, one of which you would then attach to the client's IR receiver.

RF complicates the wiring, but the plus is that control no longer requires line of sight. You can put your client inside a cabinet so no more annoying lights and noise.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony 900 RF Support with XBMC?0