Terminal wont display, but works (green and blue lines)
I have xbmc installed on an Acer AspireRevo AR3610-U2002 after updating to 10.0 recently I am unable to access the terminal. When I hit ctrl+alt+f1 it just displays some wonky green and blue lines at the top of the screen and I cant see anything that I am typing.

The terminal does work, I just cant see any of it. I have successfully stopped and started the xbmc-live service from the terminal, but I need to do things now that I cant do blindly.

Has anyone else had this problem? Everything else displays fine, I can get into xbmc and it displays fine and when the computer starts up everything shows up okay, its only once I try to switch to a terminal that it gets all crappy.
This happens often with nvidia drivers, the old trick with grub was to add vga=791 to the kernel boot parameter, with grub2 you can probably follow http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=8...stcount=17 (make sure to make backups or make a test setup on a separate drive in case things go horribly wrong).
Thanks for the link, but it didn't seem to change anything. I still have the same issue as before. with almost no change.

EDIT: Nevermind...after about the 4th reboot (I had moved on to trying to fix the wireless by this point) the terminal started showing up fine)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Terminal wont display, but works (green and blue lines)0