ATV2 "Internet Connection Required"
Just installed XBMC on my ATV2. I can view directories, install add ons, etc. Just fine but XBMC is not accessing the internet. Nothing from Hulu will play, ESPN3 isn't working, the weather tells me "internet connection required". All other aspects of my ATV2 that need access to the internet work fine. What could be the issue?

Of course I thought maybe restarting the thing would do it but it appears to have frozen on the apple logo now, great!
I posted a thread about this the other day. Same thing here. RSS doesn't appear and Weather shows "internet connection required." but scrapers work, add-ons install and the weather updates the skin fine. Something screwy somewhere.
At a weird request from firecore support, I installed HotspotShield. Enabled, and started XBMC. RSS scrolls fine and Weather works.

Stopped XBMC, Stopped HotspotShield, Started XBMC, no RSS, weather broken again.

Stopped XBMC, Started HotspotShield, Started XBMC, RSS and Weather work again.

Killed HotspotShield from the cmdline and RSS and weather continue to work.

So the problem seems to be somewhere in the initiallization portion of XBMC that is interpreting differently based on what HSS is doing while it's running.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 "Internet Connection Required"0